Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Christopher > Reviews

Browse

Christopher's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
LEGO Jurassic World - PlayStation 3
LEGO Jurassic World - PlayStation 3
104 used & new from $19.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Glitches far too often..., June 17, 2015
It's a great game but I'm starting to lose count how many times I've got stuck in glitches. I've played the old star wars lego games as well as some others and don't remember having any problems like this. If they fixed the bugs this would be one of the best Lego games I've played but I've always been a huge fan of Jurassic Park so...

If you're a fan of Jurassic Park in general, this is probably one of the best JP games I've played (most sucked IMO). I would wait a few months before purchasing this though. Some of these glitches are ridiculous. I mean I could see one or two slipping through and all but this is just getting frustrating. Characters get stuck building something and you can't get them out without exiting the level and starting over. Another feature is where you swap between two parties (I don't know why, you rarely use the second party when it's available)... I've had that swapping thing glitch on me too where I get stuck in an endless loop of swapping between parties if I clicked on a certain character. There's been other minor glitches too but usually you can do something to clear it while still in game and not have to reset the level or leave the game.

Disappointed. They clearly rushed this to get it out with the release of Jurassic World. The game design and game play is great and the humor is fun... but if a game is this buggy on launch day, it should be fixed before expecting people to shell out 50 bucks or whatever. Wait six months you'll probably get the game for 30 bucks and it will work much better than it is now.

Right now, 3 stars... Don't buy unless willing to put up with glitches.
If they ever patch this, I'll change my rating.

Also if not a hardcore Jurassic Park fan, I wouldn't bother with the game. All lego games are kind of like that. They're fun for the fans but pretty simple beyond that.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2015 9:03 AM PDT

Maxair C5160V1-MAP 60-Gallon 170 PSI Max Electric Stationary Compressor
Maxair C5160V1-MAP 60-Gallon 170 PSI Max Electric Stationary Compressor

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good quality compressor but make sure you inspect it thoroughly ..., June 10, 2015
It's a good quality compressor but make sure you inspect it thoroughly upon delivery. Mine arrived on two broken pallets leaning at at least a 30 degree angle. I had to hold it up as he pushed the pallet jack so it didn't fall over. I did a quick inspection but I really didn't know what to look for. It looked alright to me as far as I could tell.

Well, first of all... the compressor arrived with only 2 filters. The third filter fitting and all had fallen completely off. I didn't even notice something was supposed to be there till I sat and had a good look at it. So first, make sure all 3 filters and casings are in their place. I called maxair and they sent me a complete filter (casing, filter and screws).

Second... check the drain valve at the bottom. When I was reading reviews for this on Home Depot site, one complaint was the cheap drain valve. It breaks off easy. I wasn't sure what I was looking for so I missed this when I was checking it out. But on the bottom smack dab underneath, is a drain valve. Make sure it didn't snap off. After sitting there for months I finally got my 220 installed in the garage and plugged it in... that's when I noticed the broken valve.

You can get like a brass fitting for it instead if yours breaks but if mine came broken and I had noticed that... I wouldn't have accepted it. No reason for such crappy delivery. The way that thing was sitting in the truck Im actually surprised more stuff wasn't lost or broken. Luckily most can be replaced with better quality pieces.

It's a good compressor though... but not a 5 star for sure just because they opted for cheap Chinese junk everywhere that breaks easily. But like I said, you can replace it with better quality pieces so...

Crosley CR12-2i iJuke Deluxe Jukebox with Universal iPod Dock, CD Player, and 64-Track Memory
Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $1,495.95
5 used & new from $1,359.95

3.0 out of 5 stars One star knocke off for crappy CD player, July 6, 2014
One star knocke off for crappy CD player... Other than that, its great. I think if youre spending over a grand on something, every part should be quality parts and work well. Since I guess they assumed most were going to be using it with an iPod, they put the cheapest CD player in there. It always starts skipping and you have to pop the cd in and out a couple times. It doesnt mess up every time but its annoying enough for me since the CD player is what I use as I dont have an iPod. I'll start a CD only to have to get up a few minutes later after the CD starts getting stuck and skips. If you dont plan on using CD player, this an awesome player. Gets lots of attention when friends are over and stuff. Great for parties etc. If you want something with a good CD player though, Id advise ya to buy something else.

UPDATE 12-16-15: So I had to come back and take another star off. Just over a year later and the CD player doesn't even work at all hardly. This is unacceptable for such an expensive piece of equipment. My sony stereo system which only cost me 150 bucks and bought waaay before this still works perfectly fine. This CD player can barely read a disc anymore and once it starts playing, it just skips and gets stuck. I only occasionally use this so it's not like it's been used excessively and is worn out. I cautioned against buying earlier if you want to play CDs... now I can saw absolutely do not buy if you are expecting this thing to play CDs and last. CD player is complete garbage.

The Life and Times of Scrooge
The Life and Times of Scrooge
Price: $12.79
78 used & new from $5.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightwish this is not!, May 11, 2014
If you're expecting something akin to Nightwish, you'll be sorely disappointed. I heard some samples and knew what I was getting into but even so, I had to take a bit to adjust. I admit on my first listen, there wasn't much that stood out. The songs with lyrics stood out the most so I would replay those ones first. Eventually I just let the album play and accept it for what it was. The more I listened to it, the more I grew to appreciate each track. There really does feel like a story is being told here in music. You just sit and relax and this is actually a pretty brilliant album.

At first I thought many tracks repeated themselves too much.... like they'd go on for what seemed like two minutes of just the same music before the music went anywhere. But it's like a movie soundtrack only better. It's bringing you in, ya just got to let it take you. I don't know the story and I've never read it (I want to, maybe when the price drops), but even so, by the end, it does feel like I went on this musical journey. From wonder and excitement, grand adventures, to dreams dashed, disappointments and regrets, and the cold hard reality of the passing of time and childhood lost. Sounds a little deep for a story about Scrooge McDuck, but that's just what I got from listening to the album... (I'm curious about the comic more than ever after listening to this because... it's Scrooge... Duck Tails... Great show but wasn't anything on this kind of emotional level I got from listening to the album).

This really is an outstanding and beautiful album. I highly recommend it. You really just have to go into a quiet room, put this on, turn down the lights, lay back in a comfy chair and close your eyes. Relax and let the music take you. If you don't know the story like I don't, your mind will create one. Just don't go in expecting Nightwish or any kind of power metal vibe.

I really have to get my hands on the book someday.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2015 10:15 PM PDT

Vega Visor Screw Set for Off-Road Helmet - 3 Piece (Silver)
Vega Visor Screw Set for Off-Road Helmet - 3 Piece (Silver)

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning... not what is pictured., October 27, 2013
First off, the screws you get in the mail is not what is pictured. The pictured screws match my helmet exactly. I got some cheap plastic screws that didn't even have any grooves to tighten them with a screwdriver of any sort. Not to mention the quality was beyond terrible. The other reviewer stated they were aluminum but what I got seemed more like plastic.

A better option is just to go to home depot and find some M6 1.0 x 12mm (1.0x10mm would be better if they exist but I couldn't find any) screws and M6 washers. If you have a busted female part, which I did too, super glue a M6-1.0 nut on the inside of helmet if you can take all the foam and stuff out. All that stuff came to about 5 bucks and it was much better quality. Looks pretty good on the helmet too.

Supernatural S1-S6 BD TV Boxset [Blu-ray]
Supernatural S1-S6 BD TV Boxset [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Supernatural
Offered by The Best Buys
Price: $150.00
4 used & new from $148.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip Off, November 23, 2012
Paying too much money for this... you can buy the SEVEN seasons (US versions) individually on BluRay for cheaper than this set. Not to mention, these are the UK versions... If you go to the UK version of Amazon, you can buy this exact set for the equivalent of 90 US dollars. No free shipping because it's international... but I know it's not gonna add up to 50 dollars to ship that internationally.

The Last Unicorn (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
The Last Unicorn (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Alan Arkin
10 used & new from $55.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray release///, July 11, 2012
Ok I own all 3 versions of this movie now since it was first released in 2004 on DVD. I have to say I'm disappointed with this movie as a Blu-Ray release. The 2004 release is a pile of crap. The 2007 DVD version was MUCH better as far as sound and picture quality. The downside was that the dialog was censored. To me it wasn't a huge deal except for one key part which I think most fans know as it's one of those memorable scenes that just stand out. So I was bummed this particular scene was censored. So 5 years later and I've got the blu ray player and the big flatscreen HD tv... and a blu ray comes out that is both good quality and uncensored! Naturally I had to pick it up.

Ok the blu ray is the exact same quality as the DVD except that it's uncensored. The picture is incredibly grainy. It feels like I'm watching an old VHS movie. Now I know this is because I'm watching it on an HD TV... the DVD from 2007 needed to be cleaned up but it didn't look this noticable but then, I wasn't watching it on an HD TV either. As an actual Blu Ray release, this is terrible. The only reason I would buy this is if I didn't already own the DVD from 2007 or if that one censored scene meant that much to you that you just HAVE to have it in there. So if you already own this movie and think a blue ray release would look spectacular, don't waste your money. If you don't own it, pick it up... you might as well as it comes with both the DVD and the Blu ray so... and it is the best release of this to date. But this was not cleaned up for HD viewing at all. I'm thinking this is gonna be the best it's gonna get for a good while till someone who knows how great this movie actually is and decides to give this a proper clean up.

UPDATE: If anyone happens to read this review... So I've now bought my 4th copy of the Last Unicorn. This time I purchased Das Letzte Einhorn 3D copy from the German version of Amazon. It's region 0 and if you have a blu ray player capable of playing 3D blu rays, I'd pick up this copy over any of the american releases. The quality is noticeably better than any of the American versions. It has both a 3D and 2D option but since it's a 3D disc, I'm guessing it will only work on a 3D blu ray player. This actually looks like they tried to clean it up and colors look brighter. There is still grain and stuff but it's noticeably better quality during many scenes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2012 4:32 PM PDT

PS3 Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fight Stick
PS3 Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fight Stick
Offered by Golden Findings
Price: $179.88
2 used & new from $179.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but watch how much you pay..., April 14, 2012
This fight stick is awesome. No doubt about that. It takes a little bit to get used to if you're used to playing with a controller... but just be patient and practice and soon you'll be doing better with this than you ever hoped you could with a controller. Some of the harder moves are much easier and you can perform them much faster. I love this stick. The quality is very hight quality and slick. If you have the money to spend and love MK, I would definitely pick one of these up.

HOWEVER! Not at this price listed here on amazon. There is no way you should be paying more than 180 dollars for this brand new. 120 dollars if it's just the stick and no game included. So either pick it up used or on Ebay or something. There is another alternative though if the art isn't important. The same guys that made this stick for MK9 have another one released called the MK Klassic Kollection fight stick and you can get that here on amazon for 120 dollars. It's EXACTLY the same as this stick here except the artwork is modeled after the old MK arcades that used to be in Pizza Hut and wherever back in the day. So it has the oldschool look and doesn't look nearly as cool as this here but the art isn't worth a 100 dollar jump in price IMO. I wanted another fight stick so both players can use a stick at my house and decided just to pick up the Klassic fight stick. Thought I'd take one of each and the price for that was WAAAY more reasonable now.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2013 1:09 PM PDT

4 Color Airbrush Temporary Tattoo Ink Kit Black, Red, Blue, Yellow
4 Color Airbrush Temporary Tattoo Ink Kit Black, Red, Blue, Yellow
Offered by TCP Global Corp
Price: $24.96
2 used & new from $24.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 4, 2012
I just started airbrushing and these were my first paints. I figured playing around with temporary ink is a nice way to screw around and learn the airbrush in a fun way that's not permanent. The colors are very nice and mix very well. I did a rose tat on my sister and made my own green for the stems and it looked very cool. A nice vibrant green... My one complaint about this set is there is no white!! Come on, a set like this NEEDS a white. It would have been nice to highlight some of these tattoos I'm doing with some white or lighten colors for like a nice pink or something but nope... And yeah obviously I knew it wasn't coming with white when I bought it but... you REALLY want it after you start playing around with these and from what I can tell, the only way to get white is buying their other set of like 8 colors which includes white. They need to sell them individually or something... I really don't need the other set when I can just mix my own colors. White and black are like essential paint colors regardless of the medium so weird it's not included in this set or at least where you can just buy a decent sized bottle by itself or something.

Jurassic Park Game by Milton Bradley
Jurassic Park Game by Milton Bradley
Offered by You Name the Game
Price: $199.99
9 used & new from $41.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Good kids game, November 5, 2011
Well, since this doesn't have a review... I guess I could do one.

I remember the day I bought this game. Asking my mom for 20 bucks and picking it up on a trip up to sacramento with my aunt. I could not wait to play it. I played this A LOT when I was younger. Took it over to my friends house a couple times and they loved it over there as well. As a 9 year old, I had a blast with this game and only hyped up my expectations for the movie. This game is good for ages 7-13ish... beyond that, you're gonna be getting bored. The map is really huge. I wanna say 3 feet long and maybe 2 feet wide. The character pieces are cheap cardboard cutouts. The dinosaurs are quite cool though. They're pretty nice plastic pieces that could be painted I would imagine. The Dilophosaurus are pretty fragile. Most of those broke playing the game a lot. The raptors and the T-Rex were a lot more durable. Game play is simple. You start out at the bottom of the map and you gotta get up to the visitor center first. Dinosaurs start in their pens and are moved by certain dice rolls or something. I don't exactly remember but anyway, if a dinosaur gets you, you go back to the start. Basically it's a quick race type game, takes about 30 minutes to play. There are some cards that can help you or hinder others. Simple game.

Don't bother with it unless you're buying it for your kid or you're a JP nut and just like to collect JP items.

Page: 1 | 2