Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School
Profile for Book Reader > Reviews

Browse

Book Reader's Profile

Customer Reviews: 227

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Book Reader "bob_spez" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Neewer® Keyboard Dust Cover for 61 Key Keyboards (Dimension: 37.8 * 15.8 * 5 inch / 96 * 40 * 12.5 cm) - Black
Offered by Neewer Global USA
Price: $11.99
8 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the money., August 23, 2016
A decent keyboard cover. It's made out of a black velvet finish polyester fabric, and serves the purpose of keeping dust off my keyboard. It would have benefitted from some sort of clasp to secure the drawstring, and elastic at the bottom. If the drawstring loosens, the cover tends to slip off the keyboard. As is, I pulled the drawstring tight and made a knot in it. That seems to keep it tight enough so it stays on, but can still be pulled off to use the keyboard. The top of the cover is 37-1/2" long and my keyboard is 39-1/2" long. But the sides are deep enough so it still works.

The Night Manager, Season 1
The Night Manager, Season 1
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good adaptation of the John le Carre novel, August 23, 2016
Good adaptation of the John le Carre novel. It maintained my interest over the 5 episodes. It's not as good as the adaptations of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy or the Spy Who Came in from the Cold. It was a good action picture, but Hugh Laurie's performance was not as good as the rest of the cast. As a super villain, Laurie wasn't that believable.

EverBrite 18-Pack Mini Aluminum LED Flashlight Set with Lanyard Batteries Included
Offered by GreatStar Tools
Price: $29.00
4 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, great flashlight., August 23, 2016
Excellent value. The flashlights come with a paper disc that covers the top of the battery to keep the battery from discharging until you remove the paper disc. They are super bright. The head contains 6 small leds in a circular pattern. At a little more than a dollar each with shipping, I don't see how you can beat this deal. I took out and tested three flashlights and left the rest in the box, for future use when the three get lost or broken.

TP-LINK AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 200Mbps (TL-PA2010KIT)
TP-LINK AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 200Mbps (TL-PA2010KIT)
Price: Click here to see our price
96 used & new from $19.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me the cost of a new laptop., July 6, 2016
Recently my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi router. I just got a resolving host message and no connection to the internet with any browser. I couldn't ping or tracert any ip addresses from the command prompt either. The laptop could see my router and said the signal strength was excellect, but couuld'nt get a connection. All my other wifi boxes like the wii and my wireless nextflix work fine with the router. I researched and applied every fix posted on the internet to cure the hanging resolving host error but nothing worked. My wife said just buy a new laptop.
Enter the TP-Link AV200 starter kit model TL-PA2010KIT. It came with two adapters and two 6 ft. ethernet cables. I couldn't get to the wall socket behind my computer desk, so I plugged the first adapter into the same power strip the router is plugged into and connected the ethernet cable to an open jack on the router. I took the laptop into the dining room and plugged the adapter into a wall socket and the ethernet cable into my laptop. Worked instantly. No setup required, just plug and play. I'd give it 10 stars but Amazon anly allows 5.

EMI 22" Neon Orange Sprague Rappaport-type Stethoscope
EMI 22" Neon Orange Sprague Rappaport-type Stethoscope
Offered by ScrubSmart
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't know what an expensive instrument would sound like but this compares favorably to the one that came ..., April 3, 2016
Decent product. I can hear my heartbeat and can hear a pulse when using a manual (aneroid shygmomomometer) BP kit. Don't know what an expensive instrument would sound like but this compares favorably to the one that came in an inexpensive manual blood pressure kit.

Mucinex Fast-Max Adult DM Expectorant and Cough Suppressant Liquid, 6 Ounce
Mucinex Fast-Max Adult DM Expectorant and Cough Suppressant Liquid, 6 Ounce
Price: $10.30
16 used & new from $10.23

2.0 out of 5 stars First time user., March 31, 2016
I've had a dry hacking cough for a couple of weeks, probably caused by a post nasal drip from pollen. I have no phlegm to speak of, but an intense tickle in my throat makes me cough violently anywhere from 3 to 8 or 9 times times in a row sporadically during the day and night.
I bought a botte yesterday and today at noon took a capful which = 20mg of DXM. This stuff really makes me feel subdued, and somewhat stoned, which is OK because I am retired and can stay at home. I wouldn't want to drive a car after taking it.
It's too early to tell how it will work on the cough, as I have only taken one dose 3 hours ago. It took about 45 minutes to kick in and my cough isn't gone but is much quieter and less violent, less of that tickle in the chest feeling that brings on a coughing fit.
I will update this review in a couple of days. Just wanted to get down my initial impressions. It must just be me, but I haven't felt this stoned with a percoset. I'm not taking any other drugs or alcohol either so it's pretty much all the cough syrup.
Update 4/7/16. I took three more doses of the DM and it created feelings of anxiety, and not being able to get enough oxygen. About 12 hours after my last dose my cough returned, but not as violent as it was before. It seems the expectorant part of the formula started to work.
If you have no side effects, this may be a good solution for that dry hackinging ticklish cough, but for me, I'd rather cough thaen feel anxious and walk around like a zombie.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2016 10:23 AM PDT

North American Healthcare Wristech BP Monitor w/ Flip Cover
North American Healthcare Wristech BP Monitor w/ Flip Cover
3 used & new from $44.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good unit for digital. Normal digital varied readings., March 27, 2016
I record my bp readings twice a day, in the morning and at night, to verify how it changes over time.

I purchased this unit because I was getting bizarre readings from my former digital wrist and arm units (Omron models). More often then not I would get error (no) readings, and the readings I got were 50 points apart in just a few minutes. That said I also ordered an old fashioned dial unit with the manual pump and stethoscope and hope I can get accurate and consistent readings from it. However, to get a fast check I like this well made wrist unit for a number of reasons.
Pros
1.It inflates very quickly in just a few seconds to the 185-195 range. It sounds like it has a good strong motor. The strap is secure and will fit any wrist.
2. It gives a quick reading in just a few seconds, that stores in memory with the dgte and time.
3. Very comprehensive manual that shows you how to do things like clear readings from memory.

Cons
1. It is very sensitive to being at just the right spot on my wrist. If it is not centered on my wrist and about 1/2 inch below the end of my hand, I will get an error (no reading). On the plus side this will happen in a few seconds, rather than a half minute like on my previous units.
2.Digital bp devices don't give consistent readings. This is my fourth unit and there doesn't seem to be any exceptions. At least with this unit, if the reading seems too high or low, I can do 2 or 3 readings in less than a minute and record the one that seems most consistent with my previous days readings.

I noticed that the other reviews on this unit are a few years old. When I received the unit it appears I got an unsealed, open box unit with dead batteries (two Duracell AAA) that expired in 2013, and a 5 month old bp reading in memory. However I left a separate vendor review noting these points and did not subtract any points from this review because of it.

Happy Coloring: Easy Flowers - Coloring Book for Adults
Happy Coloring: Easy Flowers - Coloring Book for Adults
by Happy Coloring
Price: $6.59
10 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great price, heavy opaper, one sided pics. Highly recommended., February 21, 2016
Great book. Very well priced and nice level of complexity (not to much or too little) for a beginner in adult coloring books. Nice sturdy paper, one sided pages. Colors and pencil impressions do no affect the next page. Attached is the first colored page of this book which my wife did with the "Yosoo 24/36 Color Oil Base Marco Fine Art Professional Drawing Pencils Colored Pencils Painting Set for Artist Sketching Secret Garden Coloring Book (24 colors)" pencils which we also bought on Amazon.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Acc U Rate® CMS 50 DL White Pulse Oximeter with Silicon Cover, Neck/Wrist cord and Batteries (Artic White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great blood oxygen and pulse meter., February 21, 2016
Exellent Oximeter and pulse meter. Very easy to use. Fast readout. When I take my blood presure or after exercising I will use this and get a reading of blood oxygen and pulse in 15 - 20 seconds. The initial reading is in about 8 seconds but the blood oxygen reading will move up and down for about 10 or 15 more seconds until it stabilizes with a final reading.

Offered by hotzzz
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Vibrant colors, great value, very slow delivery., February 21, 2016
Took six weeks to arrive but if you are not in a hurry they are worth the wait. Very vibrant colors. Very well priced for what you get. Highly recommended. Attached is a pic of the first colored page my wife did in the book "Happy Coloring: Easy Flowers - Coloring Book for Adults" which we also bought on Amazon.
Comment Comment | Permalink