Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for Neshamah > Reviews

Browse

Neshamah's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Neshamah "Neshamah" RSS Feed (Stockbridge, GA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Judaism's Strange Gods: Revised and Expanded
Judaism's Strange Gods: Revised and Expanded

3.0 out of 5 stars Otherwise good., June 17, 2016
Kindle edition is a little difficult to sort through. Otherwise good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2016 9:25 AM PDT

Speaker Boost Upgrade
Speaker Boost Upgrade

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, June 15, 2016
This review is from: Speaker Boost Upgrade (App)
Can't hear it before operation.

BenQ RL2755HM 27 inch Console Gaming Monitor
BenQ RL2755HM 27 inch Console Gaming Monitor
Price: Click here to see our price
130 used & new from $204.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This monitor is nothing short of amazing. It does take a little while to get ..., May 24, 2016
This monitor is nothing short of amazing. It does take a little while to get it initially configured; the controls are located on the bottom-front, and weren't very user-friendly. The end result, however, is more than worth the few minutes needed.

Bottom line, if you are looking for a great gaming monitor, you've found it.

BenQ treVolo Wireless Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker -Black Best Sound Experience in Jazz Pop and Classical Music (English Version)
Offered by Washington Blvd Sales
Price: $249.99
10 used & new from $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Sound - Good Price, April 12, 2016
This speaker is even better than I expected it to be. I have long been a fan of electrostatic speakers, and despite its small size, this speaker delivers the same sense of presence, and the amazing high range and crisp sound I expect from ES technology.

It is small and doesn't get loud enough or have enough bass to do justice to good rock and roll, but in a more intimate setting, and playing music such as jazz, classical, new age, etc., this is the best Bluetooth speaker I've heard. Believe me, it sounds like a much larger speaker.

If you are like me, a real stickler for clear, clean, undistorted sound this is your speaker.

Enochian Magic in Theory
Enochian Magic in Theory
by Frater Yechidah
Price: $30.00
35 used & new from $24.51

5.0 out of 5 stars I found the descriptions of acoutrements of the system some of the best I've seen in print, December 31, 2014
I have to say, there just doesn't seem to be as much interest in Enochian magic(k) these days as there was 8 - 10 years ago. I'm not entirely sure why this is, but I suspect that it has something to do with the enormity (and difficulty) of the Enochian system itself. Perhaps magic(k)ians today are just 'put-off' by its complexity.

Frater Yechidah has helped to remedy that situation with his book Enochian Magic in Theory. He has taken this intimidating system of theurgy and made it accessible for those today who wish to learn more than what can be found in the current magic(k)al self-help books (Kraig and Cicero, etc.).

His summary of the history of Dee and Kelly's workings is very well-done; and his insights into their strange, often puzzling relationship over the years are fascinating.

I found the descriptions of acoutrements of the system some of the best I've seen in print. I love the way F. Yechidah incorporates the work of Benjamin Rowe, as well as his own experiences in the OSDL. One thing is for sure, Dean definitely knows what he is talking about.

If this book doesn't engender a new interest in the 'Angelic' magic(k) I would be very surprised.

Buy this book; I can (almost) guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

Frater Neshamah

BTW: I am eagerly anticpating his next installment !!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2015 5:18 AM PDT

Dictionary - Merriam-Webster
Dictionary - Merriam-Webster
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, December 30, 2014
This review is from: Dictionary - Merriam-Webster (App)
This is a great app !!!

Initiation in the Aeon of the Child: The Inward Journey
Initiation in the Aeon of the Child: The Inward Journey
by J. Daniel Gunther
18 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Fascinating, December 18, 2009
Those of you who know me know that I have been involved in magick (in one form or another) since the early 1970's. I have been a member of several magickal and mystical fraternities (the Golden Dawn, Theosophy, AMORC, etc.) and have learned much from each of these relationships.

But, it has only been during the last year that I have started reading (in earnest) material written by "the Beast." For some unknown reason I felt that his work was of the "left-hand path," that it was "satanic" (whatever that means), and that it wasn't part of the direction I wanted to go.

But, back on April 16, 2009 I had occasion to read Liber AL vel Legis in order to answer a question that had been posed to me. As I read through it the more I wanted to read. Instead of reading just enough to answer the question (as I had intended) I read, instead, the entire book; and then I read it again; and then I felt confused.

After this exchange I searched through my library and found Book IV, The Book of Lies, THe Book of Thoth, and even The Holy Books of Thelema (from 1988, no less). I started a campaign of reading each of the books and the more that I read the more astounded I became at the knowledge of Crowley, at his profound wit and humor, and his ability to express the deepest of all thoughts and emotions with a simple, innocuous phrase.

I picked up a few books not written by Crowley, but written by Thelemites such as Wasserman, Eshelman, Duquette, Hyatt, and J. Daniel Gunther. This book (Initiation in the Aeon of the Child) is at once simple enough for beginning Thelemites such as myself, but also "rewarding --- especially after repeated readings --- to experienced practitioners" (Hymenaeus Beta).

I found this book immediately accessible and wonderfully entertaining. Even if you haven't yet read any Thelemic material, I encourage you to pick up this book and allow it to speak to you. My expectaion is that you will come away with a different impression of Crowley, and Thelema, in general.

The Pythagorean Tarot
The Pythagorean Tarot
by John Opsopaus
Edition: Cards
18 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars These Cards Require Rethinking, July 15, 2008
This review is from: The Pythagorean Tarot (Cards)
A user of traditional Tarot will be quite confused while thumbing through these cards at first. The order of the cards is strange; the images on the cards don't 'fit' our usual understandings. Which is why the creators of this deck include, for our edification, a 470 page book that explains everything they were attempting to achieve with this marvelous set of cards.

They went 'back to the drawing board' in constucting this deck. The iconography corresponds to the Greek pantheon, as well as including alchemical ideas. Also, the order of the cards is based on Pythagorean numerology. So, don't expect to begin using them as soon as you get them; they will require some work -- reading the book and studying the images on the cards. I assure you that the work is well worth the effort.

You will come to treasure this deck for its unique approach and its bold re-statement of traditional concepts. Highly recommended.

Kabbalah cards: Using the ageless wisdom for guidance, insight and greater self-awareness
by Paul Roland
Edition: Cards
10 used & new from $142.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Expect Tarot Cards..., July 15, 2008
Or you will be disappointed. These cards are beautiful, however, and are great aids to meditation, pathworking, and/or spiritual growth. The images for each 'Path' are appropriate and quite well-done. There's a card for each Sephirah, and one for each Hebrew letter (or 'Path').

The 'Paths' will look unfamiliar to those who are used to Hermetic Qabalah; just try to remember that this is Kabbalah, i.e. traditional Jewish metaphysical philosophy. The author states that these cards are intended to be "used as a visual aidl for a journey of self-exploration using the Kabbalistic Tree of Life as a symbolic map of the psyche" (page 6). A lot can be learned by studying the small booklet (106 pages) that comes with the cards (10 Major, 22 Minor).

These cards will certainly appeal to collectors of such cards, but also to anyone wanting to deepen their knowledge of the Qabalah / Kabbalah. Recommended.

Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure - PC
Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure - PC
Offered by BD Stuff
Price: $54.99
35 used & new from $2.35

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far, It Looks Great !!!, February 2, 2008
My son recommended this game to me after I got my new computer (HP-dv9000 series laptop); he has been running it just fine on his Alienware machine.

I did notice that some of the music sounded a little strange, but after playing with the configuration for 10 or 15 minutes I got that problem solved. So, so far, the game looks fantastic, and it looks like my kind of game (I'm a big fan of NWN 1 and 2 and all their expansions). As an aside, I also like strategy games such as Galctic Civilizations II and Civilization IV.

I'll play around with this game for a week or so and then add an update to this review after I've had a chance to see how well it "holds up" on my computer. But, honestly, I don't anticipate any problems.

Update: After several days of trying to get ToEE to run on my new computer (which is running Vista) I finally gave up. However, I do have another computer which runs Windows XP so I installed the game there. I'm happy to say that it runs fine on that machine, and I'm enjoying the first chapters of this excellent RPG.

One caveat to the "style" of the game -- this is a serious attempt to recreate a Dungeons and Dragons experience using the computer as DM. Those that haven't played D&D (with the books and the many and varied dice) might not appreciate some of the subtleties of this effort by Atari. Not that playing D&D is an absolute must for enjoying this game; it stands on its own pretty well. But, for those of us who have indeed spent many long nights throwing 20-sided dice, this game will definitely bring back memories. And, the graphics (while not state-of-the-art) are eye-catching, the plot is fun, and some of the conversation is a hoot. Where else can you find so many hours of enjoyment for such a small price?

Best Wishes for a Peace Profound,