Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for Cooljonnorris > Reviews

Browse

Cooljonnorris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 724

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cooljonnorris RSS Feed (Oregon, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Legend - The Complete Series
Legend - The Complete Series
DVD ~ Richard Dean Anderson
Price: $8.75
20 used & new from $4.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great short series, August 24, 2016
This review is from: Legend - The Complete Series (DVD)
Great series which, like Firefly, only ran one season (or apart thereof). The characters are better rounded than in most TV shows, and the interaction between Legend and Bartok is great fun. DeLancie is so good in this character, that one forgets Q and really buys him as Bartok.

Anderson shows some of the traits which will endear him to millions in the later series Stargate: SG-1 (which I also love).

If you are a fan of either actor, sci-fi in general, or just like fun TV, minus most of the heavy propagandizing (there is always some), then check this out. For less than the price of a movie ticket, you'll get 12 episodes of good fun.

On an obscure info note, I find it interesting that Anderson is in two consecutive sci-fi shows which deal with the related themes of advanced technology in the 1800s and the Breakaway Civilization (and if you don't understand why those are related, read Richard Dolan, Walter Bosley, Joseph Farrell, etc.).

Bega Canned Autralian Processed Cheese 1 can of 200g Net
Bega Canned Autralian Processed Cheese 1 can of 200g Net
Offered by SAFECASTLE
Price: $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good cheese- a big surprise, August 1, 2016
I was delightfully surprised when I opened this up and tasted it.

I was looking for long term storage/emergency food, and this seemed to be a good choice - very long shelf life, good mix of nutrients, etc. I did not expect it to taste all that great.

I was wrong - it tastes really good - as good as some of the imported Irish cheeses I like. It is processed, much like Velveeta, but tastes a whale of a lot better (at least to me).

This would make great emergency rations or survival food, as it has a pretty good balance of fat and protein, but with very few carbs. Perfect for a go bag or emergency stock (I tried it recently when we had a power outage - no cooking). The big bonus is that it tastes great! None of the usual poor quality freeze dried taste - this tastes great, especially warm ( I had occasion to refrigerate some and ate it later, and it tasted more like regular brick cheese.).

I am also going to include it in the Christmas bundles of healthy food I give out at the Holidays (I try to give healthy snacks instead of the usual barrage of candy).

The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is the relatively high sodium content. I'd like to see the vendor cut that down a lot.There is also a preservative I am not familiar with, and will be looking up. For survival food or occasional use, I am less concerned about the plastic lining, preservatives, and salt, but for regular use, they could improve it a bit more.

Still, this is now my highest recommendation for survival food - everything you need to survive in a single can.

TCP 100 Watt Equivalent Single-pack, Energy Star LED A21 Light Bulbs, Dimmable Omni, Daylight RLAO1827D
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars grea bulb, August 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Have been using it for over a week now, and it works well. The light is indeed a warm white, similar to incandescent, yet it produces much less heat.

It is noticeably brighter than any 60 watt equivalent LED bulb I have, so it is indeed putting out far more light. I don't have the test gear to give exact lumens, but it is bright enough to light a small room by itself.

It fits in roughly the same area as an incandescent, yet uses far less energy.

Unless it dies before its time, I see no down sides.

DII Oceanique Super Soft Luxury 100% Vinyl Shower Liner, Treated With Anti-Mildew To Resist Germs, Bacteria & Mold, 70x71",Translucent
Price: $7.57

3.0 out of 5 stars okay but really NOT clear, July 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I would not call this clear - it is more translucent or milky and just very thin, so one can see through it if what you are looking at is almost touching it.

It is not clear like some heavier vinyl curtains I have used (and prefer).

It is fairly thin, but if one is careful, it would work fine, especially as a liner for another shower curtain (for those who do 2 together).

The magnets are an interesting idea, assuming one has a tub made of magnetic material (not fiberglass).

Not bad, not great, just useful.

Stanley 31495 Mini Squid Usb, 3-Outlet Flexible Adapter with 2 Usb Ports (2.1A Total),
Price: $15.05
4 used & new from $13.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and useful, July 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A great idea and very useful. Solid construction and heavy gauge wire. I've used the USB charging ports to power USB lights.

Used wisely, a very handy item to have around.

Tyre-Grip - Spray to enhance tire traction on snow/ice
Tyre-Grip - Spray to enhance tire traction on snow/ice
Offered by Tempus & Co.
Price: $40.80
2 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, July 12, 2016
This is a spray for increasing the traction of your car's tires on wet or icy roads (does very little in snow).

It works by using a compound which becomes sticky when wet. If you want to know if it actually works, just get a little on your hand and try to wash it off - it gets VERY sticky and is hard to get off. More water only makes it stickier.

What it essentially does is turn your tire's surface very sticky when it gets wet. Think really sticky tape here. Now, granted, sticky tires can only increase traction so much, but with careful driving, you will be surprised at how much good this can do, especially on icy roads.

I have used this on studless snow tires for many years, and found it to be a reasonable alternative to studs, in many situations. Bottom line is that I always also carry diamond pattern chains if I really need serious traction, as we still have not invented anything better for vehicles after 130 years of motor vehicles (where are all these genius inventors?). Of course, we don't have good snow removal or sun protection for cars either, so I guess car stuff just isn't sexy enough for inventors.

Good stuff for many situations (not perfect for everything Wintery), and I keep it handy every Winter (along with crystal cat litter and chains). Good for rainy roads as well. Does wear off in about 50 miles or an hour or so of use, and you do need to let it sit for about 5 minutes after you spray it on before you drive on it. It also works best going on dry tires before you go out, but will work if tires are wet, too.

I've been quite happy with how well it works.

Mastercraft Glacier Grip II Winter Radial Tire - 205/70R15 96S
Mastercraft Glacier Grip II Winter Radial Tire - 205/70R15 96S
Price: $67.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great winter tire, July 12, 2016
This is not the size I bought, but they don't have them listed on Amazon now.

I have been running Toyo Observe studless tires for many Winters, and had finally worn them out. I found that a good studless tire and a special spray (Tyre Grip) worked pretty well. I had been pleased with their performance, but wanted to try something different. I checked out some reviews on the net, and these seemed to do well.

I checked with a nearby merchant, Rock and Sons, and found that this tire did extremely well in our rural Oregon Winters, so I tried a set from them (I prefer to use local merchants when possible, and good mechanics are worth their weight in gold).

They are simply the best Winter tire I have ever used. Not only did they do a very good job on snow and ice, they rode much better on dry pavement than any other snow tire I had ever used. Granted, we have been having milder Winters of late, but they still did well in nearly 6 inches of snow, and on icy pavement, and I didn't have to use the spray once. I slid very little, and was very pleased with their handling. They caused very little increase in road noise, and turned smoothly with no additional effort, as I experienced with other snow tires I have used.

I would recommend these without hesitation.

Peppermint - 15 ml by Young Living Essential Oils
Peppermint - 15 ml by Young Living Essential Oils
Offered by Drakes Discounts
Price: $25.51
8 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, July 3, 2016
Young Living simply makes the highest quality essential oils you can get in the US, hands down. This peppermint oil is no exception. It is very, very good. I've used it for digestive issues (diluted of course), muscular issues, and been happy with the results.

The only thing I don't like about YL is that they persist in their multilevel marketing structure, which makes the oils more expensive than they would be otherwise. Back before the Internet, that might have made sense, today it does not. Oh, well, it is their company, and their oils are still very important for maintaining one's health in today's whacky healthcare matrix. If you think being healthy is expensive, try being sick.

I have never had a bad oil from YL. I've been using them for decades, and many are as effective as pharmaceuticals only much safer. Make no mistake, essential oils are powerful agents and must be used with care and knowledge. I cannot recommend their oils highly enough. I also recommend you get the companion books - they are the best sources of oil data in the US.

Acc U Rate® Pro Series CMS 500D Deluxe Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with silicon cover, batteries and lanyard (Jet Black)
Offered by Med Shop and Beyond
Price: $23.99
2 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars nice oxymeter, June 19, 2016
I got this to replace one that I lost. It works very well.

A lot of these are similar, and I assume they are made by the same OEM in China, just branded differently for different vendors.

It is important to get the oxy with a good pleth, because that is how you tell if you are getting a steady pulse reading. Otherwise you cannot be sure that the readings are accurate.

Recommended.

Farberware FMWO11AHTBKB Classic 1000W Microwave Oven, 1.1 cu. ft., Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars nice inexpensive microwave, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was afraid it was going to be damaged when I got it due to the shape the package was in when I picked it up. The outside carton was pretty badly beaten up, the tape was all coming loose, and it had obviously gotten very wet. The carton was quite crumpled and water-damaged, which did not bode well for electronics.

However, despite this and the actual product box also showing water damage, I could not see any real damage to the oven - not even water spots.

Due to a shipping glitch, I have not had as much time to test it as I would like, but the tests I have done reveal a nicely functioning microwave oven for this price range. I like the green display, since green is the color to which human eyes are most sensitive. The controls are quick and responsive to touch.

It doesn't heat quite as rapidly as my previous oven, but that was a nearly $300 combination microwave/convection oven, so the comparison is not really fair. I don't actually cook in these things, just reheat leftovers and sometimes boil water I need in a hurry. It took a bit longer to heat a cup of water than my other oven, but not by that much.

Despite it obviously having a pretty horrific shipping experience, it came out of the box solid - no rattles, or loose parts that I could see or hear. It operated smoothly and quietly, which is also a testament to its construction. I like the handle-pull-open method of latching the door better than the push-button latch release of most ovens. I don't know if there is any kind of safety issue either way, this way is just easier.

I would not hesitate to consider this if I was in the market for an inexpensive microwave. It seems like a nice little oven.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20