Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports
Profile for Jeffrey Strain > Reviews

Browse

Jeffrey Strain's Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeffrey Strain RSS Feed (Des Moines, IA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Hypnosis for Deep Sleep, Relaxation and Confidence
Hypnosis for Deep Sleep, Relaxation and Confidence
Price: $8.98
2 used & new from $2.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Relaxation CD, May 13, 2016
I am sleeping again. I love the music. I think that I am still hearing it when the cd has ended.

Hector 'Macho' Camacho: The True Story Behind His Inspiring Life and His Tragic Death
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But the Subject Needs More Depth, May 13, 2016
This 18 page biography is the only one I could find. His life and death could be very interesting for some of the reasons alluded to in this piece. I read this in one sitting.

Wrapables Luxurious 100% Charmeuse Silk Long Scarf with Hand Rolled Edges, Blooming Pink
Offered by Wrapables®
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Product., March 29, 2016
This is a beautiful scarf. Unfortunately, Alice, its intended recipient, drops the M word so much that I am afraid to give it to her. This is my problem. The wrapable is excellent.

Thieves Fall Out (Hard Case Crime)
Thieves Fall Out (Hard Case Crime)
Offered by Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price: $8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably Not His Best Book, November 21, 2015
I liked Gore Vidal's Edgar Box mysteries. I liked Cry Shame, which he wrote under another pseudonym. There was an argument between a woman and a movie star in that book which seemed autobiographical, if a certain nasty critic is to be believed. Thieves Fall Out doesn't have the pace this kind of story should have. The description of a riot is suspenseful, though And one of his characters is a crooked cop named Mohammed Ali, which made me laugh. Gore Vidal always writes well, however,action/adventure may not be his genre.

la maison de l'horreur (chair de poule) (French Edition)
la maison de l'horreur (chair de poule) (French Edition)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars La Maison de l'horreur is both a good horror story and a fun, way to improve your reading skills., October 28, 2015
I bought this after seeing the Goosebumps movie. I think that this is my reading level in French, and one way to improve foreign language reading skills, I was told, is reading books at a certain level by the same author. This story was fast-moving and fun and creepy in places. The dream sequence where the family is at the dinner table was gruesome yet sad. I hope they put more of these on kindle.

The Strange Library
The Strange Library
by Haruki Murakami
Price: $11.25
119 used & new from $3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars The Strange Library makes the case for anti-depression medicine., July 28, 2015
This review is from: The Strange Library (Paperback)
This is a needlessly depressing story. I imagine he is challenging the notion because a character has valiantly withstood obstacles his life will turn out well afterwards. Algernon Blackwood's Jimbo might be the better choice. I will say the story is short and moves at a good clip.

The Books of Blood Volume 6
The Books of Blood Volume 6
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Addition to Any Kindle, June 6, 2015
I had been trying to find "On Jerusalem Street" for some time. Barker is one of my favorite writers.

The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai
The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai
DVD ~ Yukijiro Hotaru
5 used & new from $12.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A Late-Night Film that Makes George W. Bush Look Cool!, June 6, 2015
I want to recommend this book on Facebook, but my friends and family might not like Japanese pink. Their loss, I say. This may be my favorite guilty pleasure film. With end of the world nuke fears renewed by recent Middle East politics, this could be our Dr. Strangelove , or not. Anyway, this film-maker made George W. Bush look cool and that is some accomplishment.

Tortured Souls: The Legend of Primordium
Tortured Souls: The Legend of Primordium
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Barker is Back, February 28, 2015
Clive Barker excels at novellas, The Hell Bound Heart and In the Flesh. I read this last night and as Teddy Roosevelt once said. "Good to the last drop;" Chinga Chiliad, Barker is back!

Yoga Undressed, The Goddess Series - Naked Yoga for the Beginner: A Flowing Tantric Vinyasa, Kundalini & Hatha Yoga Practice
Offered by MassageStore
Price: $19.90
4 used & new from $15.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Goddesses of Bad Complexions, January 13, 2015
This is the case for dermatology or leotards. I actually tossed this dvd.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6