Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Profile for Michael A. Behr > Reviews

Browse

Michael A. Behr's Profile

Customer Reviews: 604

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael A. Behr "mabehr" RSS Feed (New York, NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hamilton Beach 58870 1500W Quiet Shield Blender with 32 oz BPA-free Jar & 4 Programs, Silver
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, August 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We LOVED this blender! It easily liquified a Frozé (frozen watermelon mixed with wine), and was very quiet. It comes with a serving pitcher that doubles as a cover, which is clever

My one disappointment was that it doesn't advertise the ability to make soups like the vitamix claims to... but this one is also less than 1/3 price. But this is still by far the best blender we have ever owned.

Kensington SD4600P USB-C Universal Docking Station with Power Delivery Charging, HDMI/DisplayPort, 3 USB 3.0 Ports, USB-C Port, Audio/Microphone, and Gigabit Ethernet (K38231WW)
Price: $189.95
31 used & new from $138.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Probably overkill for most though, August 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Couldn't have asked for a better design: the ability to hide this behind the monitor hides a lot of the wires that drive my wife nuts! The gigabit Ethernet lets me connect full strength to my NAS and also to external SSD. USB 3.0 is probably overkill for most people, but this works great for photo editing.

Obviously check for USB-C compatibility first. Adapters exist, but that's an extra fee (and I can't really attest to how well they work for this).

Power Wheels Nickelodeon Blaze Monster Truck
Power Wheels Nickelodeon Blaze Monster Truck
Price: $199.99
4 used & new from $199.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little truck!, August 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great little truck. It's not too hard to assemble (though the stickers were VERY annoying to apply...and there were a lot of them) and it works on road or grass. My 4-1/2 year old daughter fits great in it and loves it, even though she has never seen the show and has no attachment to Blaze himself. My (almost) 7 year old son enjoys it too, even though he barely fits into it. It's heavier than it looks, and is decently sized even though it it really only fits one kid. We thought one of the kids could sit in the back but they put a spoiler over that "seat" (which I might take off), but the kids have been using it for over two hours and it still has a charge!

Danco 10744X HammerStop Technology Washing Machine Connector Hose, 2-Pack
Danco 10744X HammerStop Technology Washing Machine Connector Hose, 2-Pack
Price: $31.45
8 used & new from $26.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Stops the thud as advertised, August 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First - the description points out that these are plastic hoses. I don't know if that's how it was originally, but I never thought for a moment they were metal... And am totally okay with that. Anyone who has ever had a plastic pipe burst and flood the basement has good reason to be wary, but I don't see a metal version of these hammer stop hoses anywhere. The hammering from the washing machine is annoying and potentially very damaging to copper pipes in the walls... And anyone who has had THOSE burst knows that's even worse. (While I am at it, consider some sort of water alarm, even one with an automatic cutoff, for your basement. My insurance company even gives me a break for having one!)

Second, I was pleased to receive a pair of hoses. It does say "2-pack" but the picture only shows one. This makes sure I have the same for hot and cold, and am protected from surges on both

Okay, that said, these work. I have an older washing machine that made a horrendous this when it turned on. It does not do so any longer. I haven't noticed any issue with it complaining about water restriction, and it still seems to wash the same way. So that's all good!

My newer machine doesn't have the same issue.

Men's Quick Dry Convertible Cargo Pant #6601,Army green,US XXL
Men's Quick Dry Convertible Cargo Pant #6601,Army green,US XXL
Offered by Arphoenix
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $25.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Pockets are ridiculously small, August 11, 2016
The pockets on these are absolutely useless. They're basically for decoration. The material seems okay, and the sizing when you order American sizes is fine.

Fisher-Price Double Poppin' Dino
Fisher-Price Double Poppin' Dino
Price: $21.99
11 used & new from $16.93

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring and uninteresting, August 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Usually we like Fisher Price toys, but this was just boring. My 9-month old son was very interested in the toy while I was unpacking it and assembling it, but then he got to actually play with it... And was done with it in thirty seconds. Maybe take a look at Playskool Poppin Park Elefun Busy Ball Popper Toy instead.

Samsonite Mightlight 2 Softside Spinner 30 Suitcases, Majolica Blue
Samsonite Mightlight 2 Softside Spinner 30 Suitcases, Majolica Blue
Offered by The LuggageSource
Price: $203.77
10 used & new from $189.51

4.0 out of 5 stars So big yet so light! But is it strong enough?, August 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's amazing that Samsonite was able to make a suitcase so big but so light. It's a 4 wheel spinner that makes it easy to move (though I haven't yet had a chance to conduct the true test: trying to get it through the airport when it's totally loaded up). The lightness is a huge advantage when you consider the fees associated with going even a pound over the weight limit. For airlines with a 50lb weight limit (grr!!!), my older suitcases can easily take up 30% of that. That said, this suitcase is so big that it's easy to put 100lbs or more in there, and at that point, the weight of the suitcase is less important.

The blue color is positive in the sense that it seems unique, and easier to recognize in baggage claim. I'm not a huge fan of the shade, but my wife likes it. It also arrived crushed in the front top, so structurally, I have concerns... I will update this review once I figure out if those concerns are warranted or not. In general, especially for international travel, I have come to prefer hardside suitcases like American Tourister Star Wars 28 Inch Hard Side Spinner, Darth Vader, One Size, but I also recognize they're heavier. On the other hand, if you're already paying the baggage penalty because of your contents, does an extra few pounds matter?

Alex Jr. Woodland Wonders Activity Station
Alex Jr. Woodland Wonders Activity Station
4 used & new from $129.00

4.0 out of 5 stars My little guy loves this activity "cube!" Wish the edges were beveled., July 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My little guy loves this activity "cube," and kudos to Alex Jr for figuring that you can cram even more stuff on if you make it a hexagon! I wish the edges were beveled however. We haven't had anything even close to an incident, but I'm always concerned since the baby isn't great at standing yet.

My 4-year old daughter is enjoying the clock, and the letters, so it's not just baby toy.

Tumi V3 Compact Carry-on 4 Wheel Briefcase, Black
Tumi V3 Compact Carry-on 4 Wheel Briefcase, Black
Price: $425.00
2 used & new from $425.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Light as a feather, great for overnight business trips!, July 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an amazing suitcase: it's light as a feather, rolls easily, and has all sorts of wonderful extras such as an embedded TSA-compliant lock (which isn't all that protective, but it's better than nothing). The hard shell is a bit ugly and doesn't let you cram your life in there, but that way you're always guaranteed that the case will fit. The hard shell is also very protective of fragile contents (for me, that's my laptop). As of the time of this review, it fits perfectly under the seat (you never know when the airlines will make things even smaller and give us even less space!), which is really helpful if the overhead compartments have been filled up, or if you want to put your coat, or a larger suitcase, up there.

It fits my laptop, some electronics, a change of clothes, and a dop kit. It would never be my regular briefcase for commuting to the office, but it's something that I won't feel ashamed to wheel into clients offices if I get right off the plane and go straight into meetings... and don't underestimate the status symbol effect. If it was just me, a much less expensive suitcase like Samsonite Silhouette Sphere 2 Softside Spinner Boarding Bag, Black, One Size or even Samsonite Wheeled Underseater Small, Black, One Size could be just as functional, but when you're on a sales call and meeting with clients, walking in with a Tumi bag that lets customers know that you're good at what you do. Same as a tailored suit, nice shoes, and a fancy watch (seriously: my phone tells me what time it is, what do I need a watch for?). It's ostentatious and can be a bit off-putting, but the old saying is that in order to ask for a million dollars, you should look like you already have a million dollars.

The distinctive appearance of the suitcase is also helpful in case it ever DOES get checked, it won't get mixed up with all the other similar looking black suitcases, but that's probably more important for larger luggage such as Tumi V3 Worldwide Trip Packing Suitcases, Black . I can't imagine that there's any way this suitcase would ever get checked. Likewise, hard shell suitcases are more resistant to tampering, but this bag would stay next to me the whole time. The hard shell is probably more important for the larger sizes, this just matches.

Interestingly, I don't see this for sale as a set. On Amazon, at least, you have to get all three pieces individually.

TCP 40 Watt Equivalent, Single-Pack LED Yellow Bug Light Bulbs, Non-Dimmable, RLA155Y
Price: $3.94
5 used & new from $3.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Good yellow light. Bug light? Not sure. Spectrum not published, July 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a good, yellow bulb. It's bright, even with the coating, and is definitely the equivalent of a 40W bug porch light... that's not the same as a regular 40W bulb in your house though. I would prefer if it were available in a 60W or even 100W equivalent form. It's small, which made it easy to screw in to my fixture.

This is advertised as a bug light, but nothing specifies the wavelength. Bugs can't see "above" 650nm wavelength, which means reds and some of the yellow spectrum, which doesn't really repel bugs but rather it's just invisible to them and therefore doesn't attract them. But since the wavelength isn't published, I can't really say this really is a bug light.

I will update this review if the bulb fails prematurely. A CFL bug light I bought last year failed the other week, way too early.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20