Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for Lisa T. > Reviews

Browse

Lisa T.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa T. RSS Feed (Hartland, MI)

Kenroy Home 60089 White River Wall Mirror
Kenroy Home 60089 White River Wall Mirror
Offered by 1STOPlighting
Price: $212.36
22 used & new from $194.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Unless you like an extremely rustic look, don't buy this mirror!, March 4, 2013
I bought this mirror with the intent of using it in my half-bath. Online it appeared as taupe-gray slate with some veining, and looked nice. Yet, I was very disappointed when the mirror arrived. Instead of taupe-gray, it was a blue-gray. Also, it had scratches along the entire frame that appeared as if someone had purposely scuffed it up with a steel wool pad. It was not attractive, and so I sent it back immediately for a refund.

Hamilton Beach Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel (49981)
Hamilton Beach Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker, Stainless Steel (49981)
77 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A good cup of coffee!!!, December 26, 2012
I just got this coffee maker for Christmas. I had requested this brewer since I was getting tired of my Keurig , and just wanted to use my own coffee again instead of k-cups. Prior to my first brew of coffee, I ran two water cycles to flush out the coffee maker. So far, I have brewed 2 cups of coffee. The first was a little weak, and so I added more coffee grounds for my next cup and it came out awesome! It does seem to require a bit more coffee grounds than a traditional drip coffee maker, but I can honestly say that I've had one of the best cups of coffee that I've had in a long time! I am looking forward to many hot and tasty cups of coffee to come!

Sony Media Memory Stick and SD USB Reader/Writer (MRW68E/D1/181)
Sony Media Memory Stick and SD USB Reader/Writer (MRW68E/D1/181)
Offered by PrimeDeal
Price: $9.99
10 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, April 22, 2012
Works as I had hoped. Pictures upload quickly to my laptop without having to use a usb/camera cord. Highly recommend!

Nikon COOLPIX P510 16.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 42x Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens and GPS Record Location (Red)
7 used & new from $276.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Camera!, April 16, 2012
I bought both the Nikon p510 camera and the Sony hx200v camera to see which I prefer. I took numerous pictures with both, but decided to keep the Nikon p510. Although both cameras took very nice pictures, I liked the way that people shots came out with the Nikon p510, especially indoors. The Nikon p510 seems to give a nice "matte" finish to skin shots and with a bit more color, whereas the Sony hx200v showed/emphasized more skin flaws. Also, indoor pics with the Sony were inconsistent - sometimes too yellow, and other times too white (overexposed). Although the Sony hx200v does have a "soft skin" setting, I felt it looked too unnatural (gave the skin too much of a porcelain doll finish). Also, the Nikon p510 seems to handle indoor pics better where there is a lot of backlight. Outdoor pics are nice with both cameras, but again I preferred the people pics with the Nikon p510 (the outdoor people pics taken with the Sony were more neutral toned). The only reason I give this review 4 stars is because the zoom can be a bit flaky when trying to focus with maximum zoom, in particular on small objects such as birds; sometimes it would focus right away, but a lot of times I had to keep adjusting the zoom before it decided to focus. Yet, I haven't had this problem with other types of pictures.

4/22/12 update: I think I found the solution to the problem I had with zooming on small objects. Pg 72 of the disc manual ("Using Focus Modes") talks about how to change focus modes. It seems that when I change the focus to "infinity", it focuses on the subject a lot quicker. I'm still going to play with this setting a bit more, but so far it seems to have helped. Also, after reading page 73 ("Available Focus Modes"), it looks like "manual focus" may also be helpful on zooming in on small objects. I will play with these settings for a while. If I find these settings consistently work, I will change my rating to 5 stars.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2012 7:19 AM PDT