Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for zac thomas > Reviews

Browse

zac thomas' Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

zac thomas RSS Feed (SLC, UT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
50' Heavy Duty Expandable Garden Water Hose by KONA + Free 8-Way Sprayer
50' Heavy Duty Expandable Garden Water Hose by KONA + Free 8-Way Sprayer
Offered by KONA Garden Products
Price: $67.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet update to the ubiquitous garden hose. Get one, why not?, August 23, 2016
Works great! I dig it way more than our standard hose. I put two of these together and it reaches everywhere I need. The connections are quality, easy to connect with no leaks. The sprayer nozel works great as well.
No complaints from me - other than it still qualifies as yard work...
You should note: once the water is shut off, the hose will contract (it's supposed to) but water will run out of the hose the whole time due to being squeezed out. No big deal, but you do need to aim it somewhere and let it don'ts thing. I suppose you could leave it pressurized - that isn't my preference though and it doesn't coil up that way.

Brand New Officially Licnesed Black Volkswagen Seatbelt Belt, One Size Fits Most
Offered by Cali Style Shop
Price: $21.94
7 used & new from $21.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick access to your favorite person's pants - and stylin to boot (:, August 5, 2016
This is a smaller buckle than a standard car buckle. No worries, but at least you'll know. It's pretty cool, my wife digs it - I gave it to her as an anniversary present. I'm a hopeless romantic. The push button release served well to release her from the confines of her pants after she was aroused by my thoughtful generosity.

Nankang CX668 High Performance Tire - 165/80R15  87T
Nankang CX668 High Performance Tire - 165/80R15 87T
Price: $51.93
3 used & new from $51.93

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth rolling engineered mounds of black rubber, August 5, 2016
these are like totally black, and so very round! I stuck them on my slammed '61 bug in the rear. It's got massive negative camber so I'll probably be buying another set of these next year. Eh, it's the cost of doing business. Still cheaper than a car payment - and way cooler ;)

6" X 6" Rainbow Construction Base Plates - 24 Pack Bundle - LEGO® Compatible
6" X 6" Rainbow Construction Base Plates - 24 Pack Bundle - LEGO® Compatible
Offered by Clever Creations Co.
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars get the knockoffs you lego nazi!, August 5, 2016
my son loves them. His dad loves the price. They work with regular legos. Unless you're a lego snob and can only have the real deal (in which case I would argue you have more dollars than sense) - get these and teach your children fun and frugality all in one

On Ear Over Head Bluetooth Headphones Rock-N-Grv Wireless Headset with FM Radio, MicroSD / TF Card Slot, Best for Deep Bass Sound and Quality Cushion - Black
Offered by Brands Direct Online
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $22.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Puts the squeeze on your tunes, August 5, 2016
my wife says they squeeze her head too much - but they adjust to a massive head. I've got a big head and they can go way bigger than what I need.

HOLDIE - Eyeglass Holder - Never Lose Your Glasses Again - Protect Your Expensive Eyeglasses - Modern Stand Design for All Ages - 100% Money-Back Guarantee [Cobalt Blue]
Offered by PURGGO
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Got it for the car - works good, July 25, 2016
It holds glasses! Even big ones - which is a plus, most built-in car areas don't hold anything bigger than reading glasses. If it had an option to adhere it to whatever surface it was on, that would be nice.

Volport Magnetic Mobile Phone Dash Mount Car GPS Holder for Apple iPhone and Android Smartphones
Offered by VOLPORT
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated: it holds awesome! And looks cool too, June 30, 2016
Update: so I stuck the metal plate on the outside of my case. That wasn't my preference - but I do want my phone to be held securely. Trade offs.
And low and behold, the magnet holds my phone like a champ! It's stuck on the dash of my slammed '61 VW and it rides pretty rough. It stays put all the time!
So suck it up, put the metal plate on the exterior of your phone and this things money. It looks pretty cool too ;)

Original review:
I got this item at a discount for my review yada yada - that's true! And it's a good thing - I'm not digging it.
This magnetic mount looks pretty cool over some other option that are out there. I wanted it because I could mount my phone parallel to the surface the mount is attached to (I have a '61 VW bug that has no dashboard to speak of, or vents, or cigarette lighter plugs, or CD slots, or any other number of places where phone mounts are typically attached). I had purchased a competitors magnetic mount previously and it holds great - but it won't attache to my dash anywhere. The magnet holds the phone just fine though. The opposite is true with this mount. It will attach to my dash just fine - but the magnet wont hold the phone. It won't even hold the phone while I have the setup in my hand. I am placing the metal discs that come with the mount between my iPhone 6s+ and the case. (A thin wood veneer case - see my other reviews) The metal discs that come with this mount are considerably smaller than the ones that came with the other mount I tried. With the supplied discs, the phone simply slides right off the mount. When I use the larger discs that came with the other magnetic mount - the Volport mount will hold the phone, but just barely. If it were to be mounted in a car, the first bit of movement would drop the phone.
So it doesn't hold my big phone - that sucks, because the listing clearly states that it would. That's the downside.
The upside is that the mount is made well. It's a cool steel ball and the mounting plate can be positioned anywhere on the ball as it is held also with a strong magnet (the plate and the ball are actually held together with the magnet amazingly well).
If you had a smaller phone, or if you wanted to try and stick the metal discs directly to your phone and not use a case - this mount would probably work fine. It does hold the supplied discs quite firmly by themselves.
Bottom line: get it if you have a smaller phone but it needs to be overall bigger and stronger for an iPhone 6 sized device.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2016 7:40 PM PDT

iPhone 6S Plus Case, iPhone 6 Plus Case, BELK [Air To Beat] [Slim Matte] Non Slip Wood Tactile Extra Grip Rubber Bumper [Extremely Light] Soft Wood Back Cover, Fingerprint Free Flex TPU Case, Cherry
Offered by BELKA
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars flexible wood will trip you out a bit - but it's a quality case. Compliments and style - go for it (:, June 28, 2016
I dig it! Yeah it's kinda thin, but I didn't want an Otterbox or some robo-case. I wanted something to protect from scratches and the occasional slip out of my pocket when I'm in a reclining position - which this big, slick 6s+ tends to do. It's basic, it totally made well, it's easy, it protects the camera lens, and it works with my screen protector. A win all around!

Car Charger,Mopower 6.8A/34W 4-Port USB Car Charger for iPhone 6 5S 4S , iPad 4,iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S5,GPS and Digital Devices White
Offered by Mopower Direct
Price: $25.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a good one! don't search for an hour to save a buck on something that might suck, June 28, 2016
it has multiple ports, multiple power at said ports, and it totally works - what's left to say? If you think you need one, grab one, make your life better (:

Rampage Jeep 39923 Universal Padded Mini Van Storage Console
Rampage Jeep 39923 Universal Padded Mini Van Storage Console
Price: $64.02
45 used & new from $51.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Got an Odyssey? Get this console - it'll make your life better, June 28, 2016
I've got a 2004 Honda Odyssey - it needed something besides the worthless cupholders and tray that came stock in the van.
I look around for a while and got this console because it appeared to be the best construction and utility.
The console is made well, I've got no complaints - it's much better than the molded plastic options that are out there.
The cup holders have yet to spill a drink - I've had this installed for a couple of months now.
I could have squeezed this console in next to the stock tray when it's folded down against the passenger seat - I just thought it look half baked. I got a ratchet and took the stock tray out along with pens and wrappers and 10 year old french fries that had found their home in the bracket of the tray.
The Odyssey has a rise running across the floor which caused this console to rock front to back over it. This would be the case regardless of the console I chose. I had some 1" wood left over from various other projects - so I laid them under the front and back of the console. It took up the height variance, so I used a sharpie to trace the contour of the console onto the two pieces of 1" board and then I cut them out. I even painted them - why go halfway at this point? The bottom of the console is plywood that is covered in a felt fabric, but it was no issue to run some screws through the 1" risers into the bottom of the console - they don't protrude to the interior.
Now that the console is squarely seated it rides there just fine. It centers between the seats and the lids open and clear like a factory fit between the seats two armrests.
The arms that hold the cups in place have 3 clicks for adjustment - from wide open to something the diameter of your manhood (your mileage may vary). So regardless of anyones boasting - the smallest size doesn't fit much in the way of a beverage container. This would be my docking of a star - the cup holders need much finer graduations of their "clicks" or adjustments. Sometimes I have the holder adjusted and the drink won't fit - I'll open up the adjuster, put my drink in, and then close the adjuster. It works fine, just a minor annoyance on what otherwise was a well made console.
I wish the interior compartments had dedicated places for sunglass or even a charging port - or maybe a light? But these aren't part of what was advertised so I can't dock it for not being there. The interior compartments are quite cavernous - I have an entire roll of paper towels standing upright in one currently (I've got kids).
I'm please with the console overall, it matches our interior well and its a big improvement over the stock setup.
Comment Comment | Permalink