Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for J. Ferrell > Reviews

Browse

J. Ferrell's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Ferrell "jhf55" RSS Feed (Carmel, IN United States)

Eitech Exclusive Train Construction Set
Eitech Exclusive Train Construction Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Erector Set Ever!, December 19, 2012
I love putting together erector sets. I did it as a kid and now as a retiree. The train by Eitech is without a doubt the most challenging set that I have ever constructed. This is not a model for beginners. You better get a few sets under your belt before attempting this one. In fact, knowing some German or someone who speaks German will help because what few written instructions there are, are in German. All of the building is based on pictures which sometimes are rather vague. A good magnifying glass will come in handy. Finally, the sheer number of parts, about 2,500, can be intimidating. But if you're patient and meticulous in your effort, this set will provides hours of fun. It's simply outstanding.

Exclusive Series Deluxe Motorized Crane-960+ Pcs.
Exclusive Series Deluxe Motorized Crane-960+ Pcs.
Offered by Five K Ltd.
Price: $329.99
9 used & new from $329.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Product, November 23, 2012
I've purchased and built many Eitech erector sets. Every set has had every single piece! The materials are high quality and fit together great.

Broan QTXE110 Ultra Silent Bath Fan, 110 CFM, White Grille
Broan QTXE110 Ultra Silent Bath Fan, 110 CFM, White Grille
Price: $118.10
40 used & new from $72.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Quietest Fan I've ever had!, August 9, 2012
I've had a lot of bath fans in my time, but none as quiet as this one. It's so quiet that I can hardly tell that it's running. However, given how quickly the air in our bathroom recirculates, it is highly efficient. It was a snap to install and considering the reasonable price I just ordered a second one.

Daisy Outdoor Products Mossy Oak Grizzly Air Rifle (Camo/Black, 36.8 Inch)
Daisy Outdoor Products Mossy Oak Grizzly Air Rifle (Camo/Black, 36.8 Inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little BB Rifle, July 16, 2011
If you're looking for a low velocity, light weight BB rifle, this gun is perfect. Decent price, pretty durable and shoots accurately at 50 feet. My twin boys are having a blast with it (with my supervision of course).

EdenPURE GEN3 Model 1000 Quartz Infrared Heater
EdenPURE GEN3 Model 1000 Quartz Infrared Heater
2 used & new from $148.20

2.0 out of 5 stars No Better Than Other Space Heaters, April 8, 2007
I purchased the edenpure 1000 and found that the main difference between it and other space heaters is price. I own several other space heaters including one 1500 watt unit with a fan and one 1500 watt oil filled radiator style heater. I can't tell any real difference in the heating ability of any of them except one thing...price. I purchased an oil filled radiant heater from Target for $28 which seems to do just as well as the edenpure which cost hundreds of dollars more. Not a good value.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2014 10:52 AM PDT

Toshiba 72HM196 72-Inch 1080p DLP HDTV
Toshiba 72HM196 72-Inch 1080p DLP HDTV

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great TV!, January 3, 2007
I bought the Toshiba 72" HM196 a few weeks ago. Normally I don't write reviews but when I read the review that the quality is horrible at 420 or 720 resolution and that you have to stand at least 20' back to get a decent picture at 1080i, I had to respond. This is totally untrue. I sit about 12' back, have normal vision and think that the picture is absolutely marvelous. I don't know about the other reviewers comments on 1080p and don't really care since there are no 1080p video sources available, but the picture on this baby is great. I run a high depth Toshiba A2 dvd player thru it as well as a high depth satellite box both connected to the TV with HDMI cables and the pictures are breathtaking. I run the audio thru an Onkyo amp utilizing a Bose home theatre system and get wonderful sound too. Finally, I also own a Sony 60' grand wega and for the money I'd recommend the Toshiba in a heartbeat!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Handles Humidity Just Fine, July 10, 2006
I purchased this unit to cool an all glass Florida room. Even when it's 90 degrees outside the room cools down nicely into the low seventies and the unit has never shut off due to too much water being collected. My room is about 350 sq feet but I believe the unit would cool a room up to 400 square feet very well. I'd recommend it.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Slower Than Molasses, April 21, 2006
Too long, too slow and too boring. There is also way too much military minutia which barely relates to the plot which itself is barely decernable. I'd pass on this one unless you're having trouble sleeping and wish to avoid sleeping medication.

Sony DCRDVD300 MiniDVD Handycam Camcorder with 3.5" LCD and Digital Still Capability (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
4 used & new from $89.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep life simple, buy this camcorder, December 1, 2003
If you're starting to go crazy shopping for a digital camcorder, read on. Bundles of format types, odles of brands, countless models to choose from, what a mess! The answer is the Sony Handycam 300 (or the 100 or 200 if your budget is tighter). My wife and I have twins and have no time to learn the complexities of digital camcorders and returned a Canon and a JVC camcorder after looking at the owners manual. HOWEVER, we essentially figured out how to use the Sony 300 by just playing with it. The menus and options work pretty much like our DVD player and in less than 30 minutes (after charging the battery) we were filming like crazy, taking pictures and having a great time. And the resulting DVD played perfectly in our home DVD player and looked wonderful.
Conclusion, don't get confused by all the critiques saying one camera is too heavy, another is noisy, the next one vibrates too much, blah, blah, blah. Buy a handycam 300 and start making movies.

Mortyr - PC
Mortyr - PC
4 used & new from $4.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Two Thumbs Down for Mortyr, February 24, 2000
This review is from: Mortyr - PC (Video Game)
The only types of pc games I play are shooter games and I gotta tell you that Mortyr is a waste of money. I mean, it is one boring game. The weapons are uninteresting, there are no puzzles at all, when you've played level 1 and level 2 you've basically seen all there is to see. And the villians are bland and, for the most part, are not challenging and graphics offer nothing new. In other words this game lacks pretty much everything, but most of all it lacks imagination. If you've got $40 bucks to spend then buy UNREAL and/or its sequel Or the new Half-Live Opposing Force game. I've finished them both and can tell you that Mortyr pales in comparison to them and most every other shooter game for that matter going back to the shareware days of DOOM. Save your money.