Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for Meriyana > Reviews

Browse

Meriyana's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Meriyana RSS Feed

Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
by Sally Clarkson
Price: $9.85
138 used & new from $1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Desperate - Helpful book for a mama in need of encouragement, March 12, 2013
This book has been helpful to me. First of all, before I became a mother, I had an ideal expectation much like Sarah Mae's. I pictured myself being so in love with my baby, taking care of the house chores well that my house would look sparkling clean and my baby never cried, that I won't be depressed but happy all the time. Fast forward a few years and a couple kids later, that isn't the reality. I struggle with responsibilities of being a mommy. It is truly hard work. No kidding!

All the topics being discussed in the book really helped me with my struggle of being a stay home mommy cope with her day. I especially like chapter 3 which Sarah Mae discussed about physical discipline which didn't work with her daughter and made her son angry. I initially thought that one size fits all - only and only physical discipline will work towards teaching the toddler to obey; However, consider other method of discipline. Sally Clarkson reminds again and again....that formula doesn't work. We need to lay down our kids at the foot of the cross. I really like how she constantly reminds mamas to depend on Jesus for everything in life. By constantly coming to Him, I can trust Jesus that He'll make everything OK despite my shortcomings.

The questions at the back of each chapter to help with breaking down the issue into "bite sizes" so I can work towards resolving it. In addition, both Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson wrote on their blogs. Sarah Mae wrote her struggles while Sally Clarkson wrote encouragement and bible verses. This is so helpful to read. I usually go visit their sites on tuesdays and thursdays.

This book is like a comforting mentor who come along side of me to acknowledge that mothering really is hard but you are not alone. Other mothers go thru the same things and God will always there to help you if you are willing to give Him your burden.
Definitely a highly recommended especially for a new mom who doesn't know what to expect with life after baby.

I was given a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for posting the author's interview and/or book review on my blog.

Billy Graham in Quotes
Billy Graham in Quotes
by Billy Graham
54 used & new from $0.41

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book to have, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Billy Graham in Quotes (Paperback)
This is my first time reading a book by Rev. Billy Graham. This book is a thick book of 387 pages of quotes, divided into different topics. When reading a specific title, for example on "time"....I can just read a quote and think about it. I feel like through this quotes, which have their base on the scripture, God's words are spoken. And thru reading a quote, I can get convicted and pray over whatever thoughts I have from reading it.
For example, Billy Graham's quote "Life is short; none of us knows how long we have. Live each day as if it were your last - for someday it will be." convicted me on my use of time to really embrace relationships, do what matters for eternity and to live each day to the fullest. Another quote "Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children" on Parents encourages me whenever I feel like it is too hard to teach or discipline my kid. A quote of prayer "Prayer is more than a plea, it is a place where we must spend time if we are to learn its power." is an encouragement for me to keep on praying, to spend my precious time on to be able to learn its power.
Reading a quote or two may not replace reading the bible or listening to a sermon but it can be a simple reminder on a specific topic or an encouragement on a card.

I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

Applique Baby Bib with Teether, Giraffe - Feel Like a Munch
Applique Baby Bib with Teether, Giraffe - Feel Like a Munch

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, Nice and soft bib, January 15, 2011
This bib is surely oversize. I love it because it really contain the spilled baby food. Material is really soft and thick. I like using this on my baby more than other store bought bibs or the plastic ones.

Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Soft Book
Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Soft Book
Price: $12.72
13 used & new from $12.72

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice cloth baby book, January 15, 2011
My baby is 7 months old and he's learning to sit while trying to grab whatever in front of him and put it in his mouth. I bought this book because I wanted to introduce him to a concept of "book" while at the same time let him play or chew on it.
So far, my baby likes this book. He really gets entertained by the different color pages (there are 5 pages), crinkly material and short sentences. Material is really nice, easy to clean - I just toss in the washing machine along w/ all the baby clothes. The thing I like the most about Lamaze is the size; This book is larger than usual cloth book (larger font size as well). So, very nice for clumsy baby hands and developing eyes. At first I thought the book is pretty expensive however after receiving this book in the mail, I think it's worth the price. I even ordered another one of different story.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Rock in Green causes diaper rash, November 4, 2010
I was so excited when I read through the promises that the soap has to offer (like getting rid of ammonia residue, gentle on baby's skin, cheap per load cost) that I decided to try it on. Upon washing the cloth diapers for the first time, the ammonia residue still was on the washed cloth diapers (which was the reason I tried this soap) because as soon as my baby wet the diaper, I can smell the ammonia all over the diaper. In addition, I started to notice redness on my baby's wee area. Thinking that I didn't wash the "correct" way as suggested, I tried again...this time with a few hours of soaking with some detergent on it, then rinse then wash with hot water and a little bit of detergent and another wash step just with water still got the same result. At that point, the cheap per load cost doesn't really apply anymore. Still with that many steps to wash the diapers, I still got stinky diapers upon first urine comes into contact with them and baby rash. Worst come to worse, I washed not only the diapers but also loads of baby's clothes and started to notice rashes on his body as well....not too bad but still....rash.
I finally decided this soap isn't really working as it promises. I regret every decision that I made in purchasing this product. It introduced rash to my baby for the first time. All the promises seem like hype to me. I don't know what to do with this expensive bag of soap. Maybe I will wash my kitchen towels and rags with it. If I can give 0 star, I would have done it.

Update:
After extensive research on many cloth diaper washing websites, finally the stinky diaper problem got resolved. I use 3 washing steps to get rid of the ammonia residue every time. Now, I really enjoy cloth diapering my baby. He just turned 1 a few days ago and still use cloth diaper.
These are the steps on how to wash the diapers. My hope is that someone who's desperate on how to rid of ammonia residue will find it helpful.

The first wash: Load in soiled/ dirty diapers, wash with cold water and put some white distilled vinegar (to neutralize ammonia) in softener slot
The second wash: Load Charlie's soapCharlie's Soap Powder - 2.64 lb (80 Loads) (I use Charlie's soap to wash everyone's clothes) and Oxyclean Baby in soap slot, either warm or hot water
The third wash: Just run cold water (to make sure that no residue left in the diapers). This step can be eliminated if you don't think there's residue left in the diapers.

My washing machine is an HE machine.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2011 11:09 AM PDT