August 1, 2017
This is a simple, classic watch that looks more expensive than it is. I have an older Seiko 5 from the 70's, and wanted a new automatic that wouldn't break the bank. There are few reputable brands offering automatics at this price point, so this was a no-brainer with Prime shipping and free returns if I didn't like it. I like it!

The color of the face is dark navy blue in brighter light, or almost black in lower lighted conditions, as others have described. Good contrast with the silver hour markers/hands - easy to read. As with other Seiko 5's, I like that the crown is positioned down at the 4, rather than at the 3 marker. It's less likely to push into my skin if I bend my wrist up sharply, plus it's a nice visual feature that makes it different from many other watches.

Do your homework when buying this (or any other automatic) watch. It winds itself through movement. If you don't wear the watch for a day or two it will stop. It's not broken - it needs to be worn regularly or reset if left sitting still for awhile. Some reviewers may have missed this very important feature. I prefer automatics because there is no hassle of changing a battery, but to each his or her own.

Overall, it's a great value and I hope to enjoy it for years to come.
10 people found this helpful