October 27, 2019
When I prep a meal for my mom, small appetite, I use one of the small sections for her protein and the other two for the veggies that she loves! When I do it for me I use the large section for protein and gravy and the two smaller sections for veggies-which I need to eat more of so at least two small portions per meal is an improvement for me! I pre-freeze individual components and then put in the containers, label, and return completed prepped meal to the freezer. Things like coated fish sticks can easily be taken out and crisped in oven while veggies are reheated in microwave, other meals without crispy elements just get reheated in the microwave. These have made both nutrition for me and my mom easier as well as meal-times in general. I like batch cooking, not so much putting stuff together two to three times a day! Work perfectly for batch preps. For her snacks I only do two trays per day, one of the small sections for crackers, one for juicy things like olives, the larger for a small cup with dip and celery, carrots, and Bell pepper strips (as an example of the selections my mom likes to nibble on).
5 people found this helpful