Reviewed in the United States on March 25, 2018
There are 3 PROS to this book that must not be named because of Amazon’s childish rules against cussing:

1. TSAoNGaF does an excellent job of making me feel motivated.
2. I’ve found that I take more joy in my problems and struggles.
3. I’m more attuned to the petty stuff that I care too much about.

The 3 CONS are:

1. The book feels a little disjointed.
2. There is a lot of shade thrown at self-help books.
3. I would have liked more practical steps that an idiot like me could take in his life.

I didn’t buy this book. My wife did. And, I didn’t really want to read it. She made me. I’m big into self-help books. You can see some of my thoughts on others I’ve read by visiting my profile. I usually take about one or two bits of wisdom from each one. It’s rare that one really transforms me. TSAoNGaF was one of the ones that gave me a couple bits of wisdom. And, I’m grateful for that! It was worth my time!

I think this book is best for people who hate self-help books because Manson takes a clear stance against self-help books through misrepresentation. Of course, it could be that he’s just read some REALLY crappy self-help books. They are definitely out there. But, I think he’s trying to speak to an audience that has no experience with and has a negative preconception of most self-help books. This causes him to come off as arrogant at times. I wonder if he cares? LOL.

Anyway, overall, I enjoyed reading the book. And, I think it will continue to help me enjoy my problems more and pursue tougher challenges. So, thank you, Mark!

I recommend this book to people who either love or hate self-help books. If you’re in between, go watch TV or something.

Attached are a couple photos of my favorite passages to prove that I actually read it.

Approximate reading time (I’m a slow reader): 3 hours

If you have any questions, please let me know. I’m here to help!
review imagereview image