Reviewed in the United States on January 24, 2019
Look, it's not the fanciest watch you'll ever see, but if you're looking for a 'point A to point B' automatic, the Seiko 5 series is the way to go. I have a few of these, including the ubiquitous SNK809. But I also own a few higher end pieces as well, and feel this watch is just a fun, all things considered automatic for casual attire. The indices are applied, the dial has a nice but very subtle sunburst to it, it's light, fits most wrists, and won't destroy your bank account. Picked mine up here at Amazon for $60, so why not. I recommend it if you're looking for an entry level casual mechanical watch.

As the other reviewer noted, this watch might be a great watch for swapping out the glass for sapphire. I'm going to give it a shot once I scratch up the harldex it came with.

The strap is a Barton leather band in saddle brown.

EDIT: Taking it down to one star. After a few months, something is wrong and now it runs 10 minutes fast PER HOUR, which is head-spinning. I'm no stranger to opening automatics and regulating them, but I haven't even had the watch for a year. I suppose I shouldn't be too upset, as the Seiko 5 series truly is the "entry level junk drawer automatic toy watch," but still. I've owned other Seiko 5 models that went years before requiring regulation.
review image