Reviewed in the United States on January 19, 2019
Big fan from the days of the original when Michael's blank mask gave me nightmares in the early 80s as a 10 yo kiddo. Of all the sequels I've only ever really cared for the second which really heightened his unworldliness as a slow, mechanical stalker. So it was with great pleasure that I saw this 2018 version and can rank it right up there after the original and before the second. I was very happy that the director and writers treated Michael with the reverence and seriousness/reserve that he lost in the various follow ups from IV onward. There was no climbing on the roof or riding around on the top of a redneck's pickup or other ridiculous scenarios. There was just Michael silently coming out of frame delivering his brutal outcomes. I thought the death of the obnoxious friend was particularly well done with the interplay of the motion detector lights going black … and waiting for it. Heh. The final shot of him looking up with a hate at Laurie and family where you can actually see his eye for the first time is classic. Picture quality on the BD was excellent, and I loved, loved, the Carpenter boys' score. Recommended.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink