March 16, 2019
With 2000 other reviews I doubt anyone will ever read this but I felt obligated as I usually trust products with tons of positive reviews...this one backfired on me.

For starters...it's a great product. Quality build, smooth row, bla bla bla read all the other reviews about those things.

1. I'm a normal 6ft skinny fat guy. I'd like to build muscle as I row by having resistance...this is not the machine to do it. Even on max dampener setting unless you're going as fast as you can there isn't that much resistance. This is 95% a cardio only machine. Might work a few back muscles, which is nice, but that's it.
2. The stock screen feels like 80's technology. The screen is so simple it is actually complicated and so low budget you can't do a whole lot with it. I assume it's their way of tricking you to subscribe to their rowing program?
3. The wheels to move it around don't work well on carpet.
4. It's loud. You'll need headphone if you're trying to watch TV while rowing unless you want to crank the volume all the way up. Loud enough to merit -1 star.
5. Price. I'd be fine with a lot of these faults if it wasn't costing a premium for them. I'm a believer in "you get what you pay for" but this should be about a $500-$600 rower...not $900+.

Bottom line... If you want a cardio machine for 30-60min workouts that works a few back muscles this is it!
If you want any kind of muscle/resistance training pass on this one.
21 people found this helpful