August 26, 2017
I have my eyes on this product for a long time and finally purchased it few months ago. Very disappointed the performance. I have two identical 2TB hard drives and installed to this box, works great. Network access is good but not the best. Two reasons I bought this box is the extra 2 USB-3 ports and the internal backup software. The internal backup software is the key cause my disappointment. I am able to initial the first backup from the NAS to an external USB hard drive. But, it had never been successful backup the second time. Keeps telling me backup fail. I have to delete the original backup job and create another new job in order to make the system to backup again. Very disappoint that. Now, I am using a third party software to perform the backup. It is inconvenience for doing this and slower, but better use the internal backup software from the NAS box. When connect an external hard drive to the box, the system names the drive bases on the external hard drive firmware name. You can't change the name of the drive. On the word, if you have two identical external hard drives connect to this box, you will see two similar additional drive on the network. No way you can change the display name on the connected USB external drive.
3 people found this helpful