The manufacturer commented on the review belowReviewed in the United States on January 11, 2016
Don't purchase the Norton Security Deluxe or any of the other new Norton products if you are stationed overseas. I have been an avid believer in Norton for the past 15 plus years. I spend alot of time overseas with military duty. I've always bought a new subscription usually for at least three devices in my house hold and just added the new key code. They sell the same thing in the Post Exchange. I recently got a good deal on 2016 Norton Deluxe for 5 devices and when I went to insert the key code it wanted to download the Norton Installer. I did that and it began the process by promptly removing my old version. Then it had me reboot. Once it came back up it says I can activate by entering the key code (again?). It promptly rejects the code (although it did add it to my products on my Norton Online account) it because I am outside of the supported area for the version I bought (US). I chatted with the support team and they told me Symantec had just changed to restrict their software from activating for anyone outside of the zone and they were sorry. They said I needed to return that version and buy a version that supports my zone (Korea). Of course we all know once you open the package for electronic products you aren't getting any refund back. I really like Norton but they may have lost a faithful follower. Once I have to go to something else, I doubt if I will want to jump back and forth.
5 people found this helpful