Reviewed in the United States on November 28, 2017
The buttons work great, the openings line up, the fit is tight, and the grip is good. The speaker openings reflect the sound so that it comes straight at you, which really improves the audio experience of the device.

One modification that I made was to increase the size of the microphone hole. I suspected that the narrowness of this opening was attenuating my voice input. I made it bigger using the thin ring of metal that holds the eraser on the end of a standard number 2 lead pencil.

A second modification was to widen the openings that surround the speak holes. If you press forward on the back of the bezel behind the speaker slots, the back part of the speaker holes can get covered. I used an X-ACTO blade to remove material from the back of the slots on the inside of the case.

It is not as nice as the Poetic Turtleskin case, which I use on my 2017 Fire HD 7 but is not yet available for the 10-inch version. The two things that make the Poetic case better are: (1) The material provides noticeably more friction for a better grip. (2) The bezel is raised a bit higher above the screen for more protection. However, on both of these accounts, the Fintie does an adequate job. Also, the gripper material on the Poetic case attracts more dust, and the thicker bezel makes it a bit harder to work around the edges of the screen.
review imagereview imagereview image