Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 26, 2016
Ok so let's get this out in the open. This welder is not a Miller or a Lincoln, so therefore it will not perform anywhere near a true MIG 220v big boy welder. And once you know this and have that in mind when using this, it will become one of the the most agile and badass welder a for the money. I've done some 1/8" plate and angle iron. And it handled it with ease. I used up about 90% of the roll of wire that it came with in about 15 minutes. And the welder kept going without skipping a beat. Now compare this to a FDS or zeny no name Chinese AC cycle welder, this thing blows them out of the water. I bought one and regret buying it, I even went to the extent of putting a rectifier and capacitors in my original 110v flux core welder, and it helped. But it still can't compare to this Forney easy weld 299.

You can get very decent results from this welder, and it can do pretty heavy metal. But do know that there are limitations. This is not the type of welder that should be relied on for heavy duty repairs or projects. It will do 1/4", but you will lack the penetration you need for a job that requires 1/4" steel. An example of this, if you have to weld a pickup truck's frame, this may not be the most suitable choice. Also it's all in the prep work, prep and clean your material you plan to weld. No dirt, grease, or grime. Wire brush/grind the area, make sure you have a good ground for your ground clamp. Once you've done this, then this welder can do almost any light to medium duty job. I'm not a welder by trade, but have been welding for most of my life and have friends who are. And I have the ability to use very heavy duty name brand machines whenever I need to. But for the hobbiest, homeowner, mechanic, or handyman, and even the artists out there. This welder would definitely be a good addition to your toolbox.

I've posted some pictures of some of the trial and error beads with this welder, just so some of you can see how it does. And just a side note, my welder came on the day specified, and was not damaged in any way shape or form. All descriptions and specifications in the listing have thus far matched the welder to a T. I will be updating this when I finish building a roof rack for a Ford F-350. I hope that my review can at least inform you enough in your decision, but as I said before, please stay away from the AC current flux core welders, they really are terrible and a waste of money.
review imagereview imagereview image
1111 comments| 486 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?