Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2017
So many different reviews on this makes it difficult to know what is what. I read some that said it was too hard and other that it was too soft. It is certainly firm. I have only slept on it one night and was somewhat restless. My husband however slept like a rock with no tossing and turning which he does frequently. We have ours on a platform base as opposed to a box spring which may account for it being more firm...just a guess. It took less than a couple of hours to come fully to shape and was ready to be slept on by nighttime with no problems. It is very thick and even being on a platform made the bed very tall. Honestly, it's embarrassing to say, but up until now we have been sleeping in a waterbed. I know, very 80's. I'm way past the age where I should be trying to roll out of a waterbed in the mornings. This made the bed high enough where I could just sit up and step out of bed in the morning. There was no smell whatsoever when opening it from the package either. My husband is thrilled...and he was nervous about giving up his waterbed, and I think I will adjust to it just fine. For the price it is a great mattress and I am very happy with the purchase. I only gave it 4 stars because I'm not sure if I will adjust to the firmness of it. Everyone's preference is different.
UPDATE: So I have had this mattress for 9 months now. I never adjusted. I even bought a mattress topper to make it softer. I wake up stiff and toss and turn on it. My husband had taken to sleeping on the couch because his hips hurt in this bed. I have changed my rating from 4 stars to 2.
11 people found this helpful