Reviewed in the United States on April 21, 2017
Nothing will be as funny as the first Miss Fortune book by Jana DeLeon, but she has done a good job in making the entire series light and enjoyable. If you have not read Louisiana Longshot (the first in the series), you have missed the banana pudding wars and you would not want to do that. This is the ninth book in the series and Sinful Louisiana remains entertaining. Sometimes all you want is a few hours to not stress about the world, worries, or losses and a book out this series is reliably diverting. The books have gotten more expensive, but my husband and I both read the series so the entertainment value is at least as much for us as going to a movie and it still costs less. The plot in this book involves a poacher but really the “mystery” in these books only serves as the impetus for the characters to go into action. There are discussions in the story about what Fortune will do when she leaves the CIA, none of which seemed to create a good solution going forward, but I will let our author solve that problem.
2 people found this helpful