March 14, 2018
I have 4 Yi cameras in two different New England states. Two outdoor units, one indoor, and one Pan and Tilt. All are running on a Ubiquiti WiFi mesh setup so my 2.4 signal strength is excellent where they are located. All have 128MB sandisk ultra micro cards installed (only ones that seem to work in cold weather). All cameras have been working for over 6 months with 2 of them on the cloud. The internal memory ensures I don’t miss any recordings and is a backup to the cloud and can be viewed independintally of the cloud video. Only glitch I have found is if the device losses power and internet and only power is restored, camera seems to timeout at some point in time when contacting the Yi servers. This has happened several times in my rural setup due to weather related issues. To resolve once the internet connection was fixed, I had to power cycle the Yi camera to get it to contact the servers again. Seems there could be some firmware change that could be put in place to retry a heartbeat every so often. My resolution was to use smart outlets connected to my Wink hub, that way I can power cycle the USB adapter remotely. So far that has solved the problem and the outdoor cameras have survived this harsh New England winter without much of a problem.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink