Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2019
Whoever gave this 1 star must not have a heart! I mean c'mon, what in the hell are you expecting? Your version of perfection, whatever that is? For me, this movie was light-hearted, written and acted from the heart, the setting of Little Italy was colorful and charming, and gave me a real sense of the local ambience in what I'm guessing is Toronto. I loved everything about this movie, and I'm not a huge fan of Christensen usually, but even he was great. Funny throughout, and I loved the cross cultural addition with the Indian characters, who I thought were hilarious and endearing. To the people who so easily criticize and use words like "cliche" and "stereotypical characters", why don't you study screenwriting and movie making and make a better movie. For me and my wife, this movie is exactly what we are OFTEN in the mood for....family bonding, love that stems from childhood connections, following your dream even in the face of family opposition / rivalries, and it was just plain fun. I love how the younger generations were encouraging their parents to update their restaurants for the 21st century and were met with stoic opposition...very true to life, and perhaps to the culture in which this movie featured. If you want to laugh and open your heart, check this movie out. I think you'll love it! Great job filmmakers. Amazon, more movies like this please!
82 people found this helpful