Reviewed in the United States on March 16, 2019
I was forced to upgrade to MS Office for Mac 2019 because future Mac upgrades will not be compatible with my old version. I only use Word, but had to buy the entire suite. I wish with all my heart there was something better out there. (Pages, Mac's word-processing option, is even more pathetic.) Will be looking into open source programs for the future to see if I can convert my current Word documents and thus be finished with Microsoft. My biggest gripe with Word 2019 so far is that even though I paid $129 for this software, I cannot customize the ribbons running across the top of the page. This is a privilege reserved only for those who pay for Office 365 - a marketing euphemism for endlessly overpaying for this cruddy product. The pages are over-busy and confusing and it ticks me off every time I open a page to be confronted with icons I can't remove unless I pay a monthly ransom to MS. Like they care what I think, but if I can figure any way around it, I will never purchase another Microsoft product again. Oh, by the way, their employees (if you can figure out how to actually talk to one) all obviously went to the Third World Mush Mouth University. Absolutely impossible to understand. Detest the product and detest the company.
31 people found this helpful