Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2018
This watch is automatic in that the motion of your wrist powers it. But overnight when you are not moving your wrist, it stops and loses several hours. I sent it back to Seiko for repair and it came back and did the same thing. I was finallyy someone at Seiko that I would have manually shake the watch for 4- 5 minutes at night before going to bed. I pointed out that none of this information was on the product description and that I did not want a watch like that. They refused to take it back. So I called Amazon and once more Amazon came through and is giving me a full refund. Yeaaaahh fo Amazon! Boooooo for Seiko! If you want to sit and shake youor wathc every night go ahead and get this one, otherwise FUGGEDABOUDIT​.

I really like the look and feel of the watch and I like that it is automatic (no battery, no winding). The big disappointment is that although on the product description it says water resistant, this model is only resistant to getting splashed. You cannot wear it swimming. I would have loved it but I swim a lot and I don't want to have to remember to take off my watch every time I go in the water. I couldn't find a suitable exchange on Amazon so I am returning it. But Kudos for Amazon'e return policy.
5 people found this helpful