Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

I'm rarely so pleased with a product that I review it before Amazon prompts me to do it... but this is an exception.

Last year I bought a Central Pneumatic (HF) #682619 Spray Gun Air Adjusting Valve for my DeVilbiss spray gun. I paint cars sometimes, and I'm purely a hobbyist. That little regulator worked fine, so when I purchased a touchup spray gun last fall ( an ATD Tools 6903 HVLP Mini Touch-Up Spray Gun) I thought I'd use the same HF on-the-gun regulator.

So last week I bought one from HF. The gun wants 29 psi in, to get 10 psi out. Same as my bigger gun. I could NOT regulate the HF device. It would jump from 0 to 90 psi, with no hope of getting it right. So I took it back for an exchange. I tried again. I was able to get to 29 psi this time, but couldn't hold it. It was so sensitive that the barest touch would send the air pressure all over the board. I was really disappointed.

So I checked online and found this Bostitch BTFP72326 Regulator. It had good reviews, and only cost about $3 more, even with Prime shipping. I put it on last night. Wow! It feels solid, adjusts well, is easy to read... it's perfect. I could not be more pleased. I'm regulating easily at 29 psi, but could have dialed in 5, 20, 30 or 50 just as easily. Very nice to adjust.

So I'm taking my HF version back for a refund. I don't know why the one I bought last year worked well, and the last two didn't, but I'm not going to worry about it. I'll always buy this Bostitch in the future when I need one.
22 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?