Reviewed in the United States on March 22, 2019
My wife and I have been patiently waiting for this to drop for awhile now and today it arrived! I was really disappointed to not find a digital download for the album, especially since this is coming from a major and not a little shoe string indie. As a long time vinyl collector and vintage vinyl vendor I find it frustrating that now vinyl is finally being appreciated by the masses again, labels are trying to fleece the consumer by trying to get you to buy the product twice. While I prefer vinyl for listening at home, I do like to enjoy listening to contemporary releases and reissues in my car and on my phone... or even on a bluetooth speaker while cooking, when you don't want to flip a record. So, anymore, not receiving a download card seems to me as a slight to the consumer.

With that out of the way, I digress. Upon spinning the album once, I found it enjoyable and consistent. While Jenny doesn't seem to be breaking any new ground, she does what we all love her for well and delivers the goods on this release.

The vinyl was pressed well. Flat and quiet, which isn't always the case these days. So I was happy there were no pressing errors.

The mix is kind of dark, but that's kind of the tone of the album, so maybe it was intentional. As a whole, it sounds good though and the songs are nice and the album fits in well with her existing catalog.

But I'm really bummed about the lack of digital download... but that isn't Jenny's fault, I'm sure.
review image