Reviewed in the United States on July 10, 2012
Annie Nutter wants what ever teenage girl wants, to be beautiful, popular, rich and the girl every guy wants and the girl every girl wants to be.

When Annie wakes up one morning and is not herself or even in her home town anymore but instead beautiful, popular rich Ayla Monroe, Annie learns as time goes by that sometimes getting everything you wished for, isn't all it has cracked up to be.

I really enjoyed this read. It was a fun read and something different from the current YA books that I have been reading lately.

I liked the whole, the grass isn't greener on the other side approach that it took. The unmasking of what being beautiful and popular really can sometimes mean in life. That just because you are on a high pedestal, doesn't mean you can't fall off, in fact it just means that the fall is even farther from the ground and will probably hurt worse.

I really liked Annie's character. She as strong and smart and brave and stood up for what she believed in and what she knew was right, even when those decisions weren't always the easy or popular ones to make. It kind of reminded me of those cheesy (but oh so true) posters that use to be in high school English classes growing up about making good choices and doing the right thing.

I really really liked Charlie too. He was such a nice fresh character. Not the usual handsome, ever girl wants him boy that we usual get in this genre. Nope, he was the nerdy physics geek. Even an outcast. I really loved that about him. It made him seem real and down to earth.

I really liked where this whole story went. There was no easy solution or fix to anything that Annie encountered and I like that even though things weren't quite what you thought they were going to be in the end, we still got a great and even believable (under the circumstances) ending.

I am starting to sound like a broken record here but truly, this was just a cute fun read that I would recommend to anyone you likes this genre and wants something new and refreshing and different.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink