Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on August 18, 2017
I had a black-and-white laser printer for the past ten years and it was time to move on.
After comparing various multifuction color laser printers I decided to purchase MFC L8900CDW and so far I am very pleased with my decision.

PROS:
1. Set up was very easy. I have multiple computers at home: Windows, Chrome OS, Android phones and tablets. I connected all of them through Wi-Fi and all my family members can print with ease from each computer. Just out of curiosity, I tried using ethernet cable connection and also direct USB cable through a local machine. They all work seamlessly.
2. Print quality is superb for office text/images purpose. And picture quality is good enough for me: I printed out my daughter's picture on a glossy paper, put it in a frame and placed it on my desk.
3. Print speed is very fast. It's comparable to a corporate multifunction printer I use at work.
4. My wife is a teacher and she scans I lot of texts and pictures. The scan speed is extremely fast compared to my last printer.
5. The duplex printing is fast and smooth. So far no jams or malfunctions with regular cheap office paper.
6. Based on the calculation of cost of toner/page capacity, it looks like this one of the most economical printers for operational cost out there but time will tell...

CONS:
1. It requires a little more time to print out powerpoint files with a lot of images than plain text files.
2. It takes up quite a bit of desk space for home usage.

Overall, I'm very happy with my new printer and hope it lasts many years to come.
22 people found this helpful