The manufacturer commented on the review below Reviewed in the United States on December 20, 2018
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I do side jobs and consulting on my side. I like being professional and using QuickBooks. Have been using it since 2014 (only using desktop version). I was excited to see 2019. The experience is very similar to all QB usages. Top bar and a super easy to use flow chart process. I don't use it to connect to my bank or anything, I just use it for Purchase orders and management.

So I started the install from downloading from the website (download2019) since my Mac does not have a CD drive. That worked fine and it was just drag to install.

Went to activate after typing in license and all and I choose register online. The thing just shows a 404 page (server rendered page, so it is online and getting to the internet). Since that wasn't working I tried the phone option. After 5 minutes I finally just hit 0 a few times (it wanted me to say and spell my email into the automated system). It said it was transferring me finally and then just came on and said they were closed :(

Overall install has not been a good experience. I expect more from QuickBooks. Will try to activate later when I have some time (I have 10 more openings on this edition).

I added my QB company data and tried registering again. The 404 page went away and gave me a form. I filled out the form (lots of questions about me and what I do). After all that it gave me an error "Unfortunately, your QuickBooks registration cannot be completed online. Please call..."

The UI is very nostalgic feels like how QuickBooks has felt since I first started using it. I expected some changes since their web version looks pretty modern. But that is ok. It does make it much easier to use since nothing really changed.

In the end the software works and easy to use since identical to all old versions of the QB desktop software. I am pretty irritated that I have to call to get this registered and spend time with an agent who is going to try to upsale or something most likely. Will call when I have time (this is my side thing so I have work all day and they seem to be closed when I get home). Once registered it will probably all be good. But this is crazy that I can't register a new product...
review imagereview imagereview image