Reviewed in the United States on December 8, 2018
TL;DR: In summary, despite the archaic slide-switch, the Cowins deliver the sound I want. The build quality and included value-add accessories are excellent.

I picked up a Cowin E7 Pro in striking red couple of weeks ago. I primarily wear them for Spotify, along with Audible and Headspace. My choice of music goes from classic rock, metal, old school 80s and 90s hip hop, and acid jazz. And the Cowins have delivered everything I’ve thrown at it.

PROs: Ridiculously good bass and nice punchy full spectrum sound. I can close my eyes and fully immerse myself in whichever audio I’m listening to - be it music or spoken words. Has a comfortable padded headband and comes with a solid case that’s great for travel and storage.

CONs: The slide switch is a bit of an annoyance. In 2018 I don’t feel the need for a mechanical slide switch. I have difficulty sliding the switch while the headphones are on my head. And end up putting too much pressure and making the wrong selection. Hope in the next version of this headphone, Cowin replaces the slide with a soft-logic switch - so the design can be: keep Byron pressed for 4 seconds to turn headphones on and off, and press once to cycle ANC.

By the way, the ANC mode pulls some bass back. But I don’t really use the ANC mode. So this isn’t much of an issue for me.
2 people found this helpful