Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on January 7, 2017
Perfect to separate cats' food. It prevents bully cats from taking others' food. It allows me to know how much and exactly what each cat has eaten. The cats learned to use these fairly easily. One cat took awhile longer to learn. My only suggestion is to please make a glass dish - the plastic collects odors from food no matter how much you clean it and I have to use plastic forks so I don't scratch the plastic. Plastic isn't healthy to eat out of and can also give cats "kitty acne" (told this by a vet)

I had suggested in the previous review to have an AC electrical cord with battery backup, but that would be unsafe for cats to use when some of them may be clawing at the thing.

Given how useful these are for the typical common issues requiring separate feeding, I am amazed no one seems to have heard of them! Please advertise to vets and shelters and pet stores so people will know about it and buy it so you don't go out of business. When these wear out, I want to be able to buy new ones! I wouldn't want to have to go back to feeding out of regular dishes.

Update - 3 months into using three of these for three cats and they work beautifully. If anyone has a problem with an aggressive cat jumping in to eat after shoving another cat aside, they have a way around that. Just call them and ask how.

Update - 10 months - These are a life saver, literally. One of my cats had grown obese by overeating the other cat's food. A vet had told me he'd wind up dying young from health problems if he stayed fat. Using these dishes has kept him from eating more than his share of food and his weight is now much more healthy. My elderly cat who was having all her food stolen is now able to nibble her own food at intervals throughout the day and I can put the foods that are better for her in there and keep him out of it. The batteries still worked 6 months in but I changed them anyway, just to be sure.

TIP - The food stealer had figured out how to stick a paw in through the side when the programmed cat was in there eating. To solve that I simply shove the feeder into the plastic liner of an old 24-can lunch bag you can get at walmart, It's white, looks fine, easily cleaned and easy to shove the feeder into. It's in there just tight enough to be tough for the other cat to pull it out. I need something to put under the front of the dish so it isn't tipping when she stands on the mat. Simple easy solution. I also set the speed switch on the back to I, which makes it close faster after she steps away.
Customer image
5.0 out of 5 stars Works beautifully to prevent obesity and allow special diets for any small pet
By Justa Person on January 7, 2017