July 1, 2018
This is simply the best ointment for sore nipples from breastfeeding. I received a tube of the Medela ointment in the hospital, and it was very helpful.

I bought a tube of Lansinoh before my baby was born because it seemed to be the most popular. After my sample of the Medela was used up, I tried the Lansinoh. The Lansinoh was sticky, thick, and paste-like. It just felt gross and I had to scrub the remainder of my fingers. In comparison, the Medela glides on extremely smooth, straight out of the tube, and the excess wipes away easily.

Apparently you are supposed to rub the Lansinoh between your fingers before using it - but who has time for that when you’re dealing with the discomfort of newly breastfeeding and trying to learn how to keep a baby alive? It sounds like a minor inconvenience, but trust me - you want things as simple as possible. After trying the Lansinoh I immediately ordered a full-size tube of the Medela ointment. My baby is 4 months old and I only just had to order a second tube. Money very well-spent!
7 people found this helpful