July 15, 2018
I’m really enjoying Shannon Pemrick’s Experimental Heart series, and Secrets, it’s third book, is a great addition. Eira is such a perfectly beautiful flawed character, a tortured soul with a bloody past, and a wonderful lead for this tale. Former assassin, now “reformed” and ambassador for the rebellion fighting the tyrant Zarda, she has a huge number of tasks on her plate (including, by the way, a still growing relationship with the shape-shifting dragon, Raikidan). How she handles all of this makes for a stellar story that’s truly well written with its fantastic supporting cast band a plot that’s both strong in itself and a strong contribution to the overall story line. But for the fact that I’m literally dictating this review to my husband from my hospital bed I could go on and on with praises - the book definitely deserves it. Since I can’t do that I will simply note that the book is most definitely one to read, it is easy to highly recommend. I’m definitely looking forward to the next book in this series.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink