Reviewed in the United States on April 23, 2012
This is a really good program, with a few cons that made me give it four stars instead of five, but I was very happy with it overall. I followed the schedule for "pear-shaped" body type.

High & Tight - Wow, does this one ever work your lower half! I used 3lb. ankle weights and I am still sore the day after this workout every time, but I'm sure this is the workout that helps the most in shaping your butt and thighs.
Sculpt - Excellent balanced workout for your upper and lower body.
Bum Bum Basic - Teaches you many of the moves you will see in the workouts. I watched it, but didn't find it incredibly helpful because you aren't going to get the moves down pat until you do them several times in the workouts anyway.
Bum Bum - I love that this is a quick workout (around 35 mins.) but it gets your heart rate up and works your legs and butt.
Bum Bum Rapido - Perfect if you don't have much time but want to get a workout in and also good to do on a day when you are doing Sculpt or High & Tight for a little extra oomph that day
Bum Bum Live - Great cardio and toning workout that I found quite tough, but only because I'm still not very good at cardio stuff.
Cardio Axe - This is the only workout in the set that I don't like, not because it isn't good, but because I'm quite unco-ordinated and it felt like I was just flinging my arms and legs and body around nonsensically for 75% of the workout. If you are co-ordinated then you'll be fine, otherwise just try to do the moves the best you can and keep moving to keep your heart rate up. I did this workout 2 or 3 times and then decided to just scrap it and I substituted Cardio X from the P90X program instead whenever Cardio Axe came up on the schedule.
Tummy Tuck - This one is hard, but it really works! I've done P90X twice and the ab workout with that program was really tough for me at first and is still a good workout, but I was surprised by how tough the Tummy Tuck DVD with BBL is considering I've done the P90X one so many times I know it by heart. Also, even though I did the P90X cycle twice and I trimmed down in my midsection, I still didn't see definition until I started doing the BBL Tummy Tuck Workout. Now I have real definition in my abs and that's after only doing a four-week BBL cycle!!!!

Pros:
-most of the workouts are quick. P90X is an excellent program, but most of the workouts in that one are 1 hr. long, whereas in BBL, most of the workouts are only 30-35 mins. long (sculpt is the only one that is significantly longer, but still only around 50 mins.)
-you don't need a bunch of equipment, just some ankle weights ($10-20), and the band (comes with the program)
-well-balanced workout for your whole body if you use all the various workouts
-nice to have a schedule to follow so it takes the guesswork out of your routine

Cons:
-sometimes I thought the schedule didn't make much sense, with not enough space between H&T and Sculpt workouts compared to cardio workouts (ex. sculpting and weights should alternate with cardio, but sometimes you had stuff back-to-back), also sometimes you would have one short workout one day (30-35 mins.) and then two workouts scheduled another day (50 mins. and 30-35 mins.) and also sometimes you would have Cardio Axe and Bum Bum scheduled in the same day, when those are both mainly cardio workouts so it would make more sense to have a weight/sculpt one with a cardio one instead of two cardios. So summed up, it seemed like there wasn't as much logic to the schedule as there should have been.
-No stretching/yoga type of workouts. I LOVE the X Stretch DVD in the Beachbody P90X program and really feel that you need good stretching/yoga type workouts mixed in with cardio and toning workouts. I fixed this problem by just doing the P90X Stretch workout or a Yoga workout once a week to balance things out, but I do feel that there should be a stretching/yoga type of video included in the BBL program.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this program with a bit of tweaking of the schedule and adding in a yoga or stretch DVD of your own and if you aren't very co-ordinated then sub a cardio workout of your own for the Cardio Axe one, or even just do Bum Bum instead of Cardio Axe. After doing the program for a month, I've seen a bit of toning in my butt, though not as much as I had hoped for. My abs are awesome now though and for that alone I'd do this workout routine again. I am going to do the Classic schedule now and see if I notice my bum bum looking more toned after another month of BBL and will come back and update.
13 people found this helpful