March 13, 2018
After hours of research reading a dozen articles and table ratings, the Stiga was my choice based on prior buyers experience, manufacturer reputation, and product quality. There was a lot of ranting and raving about how quickly the table assembled (and it did!) but who cares? No matter how long it took to put together, in the end I wanted a name brand, solid quality, good looking, and long-lasting table. It scores high marks with me on all points. It came sooner than expected (through TWO snowstorms along the way!), less than a week from the time I clicked 'order'. It was boxed in a double (triple, even) reinforced package, and arrived 100% complete, in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. I moved the table parts (myself) from the garage to the basement, and had it assembled in about 45 mins total time (I highly recommend having someone there to help, it was incredibly heavy and was at the absolute limit of what I could carry/move safely by myself). Fit and finish is excellent, and it looks, functions, and plays exactly as the manufacturer describes. For the price (including the delivery!) this table simply cannot be beat. And this review comes from someone who by nature is an incredibly fussy perfectionist (I checked every square inch of the table for errant marks or scratches, I checked every screw, nut and bolt (there are over 150!) to make sure they were tightened at the factory correctly), and I am a fairly aggressive amateur player (who was trained by a firehouse captain years ago, back in the days pre-dating cell phones, video games, cable TV,, there was nothing to do in the firehouse except cook, clean, eat, sleep, and play ping-pong in between all that!). Based on my purchase experience, I'd say click 'buy now' and GO-FOR-IT !!
11 people found this helpful