Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2018
UPDATE: The spout started leaking coffee all over the place less than a year and a half after we bought it. Just threw it away today. Disappointing. Bad design. I wouldn’t recommend anyone buy this.

We had a previous model of this coffee maker in the office for probably 15 years until the spout finally clogged up. It was so great for so long it convinced us to buy the same make and a similar model again. The old model we had, where the basket was picked up and water was poured in below was a much better design than this move to the unnecessary water reservoir on the side. I assume this is in response to the Kurig design but people are choosing not to buy a Kurig for a reason. Because of this change the basket now is constantly wet and changing the filters is a very wet process always necessitating several paper towels even if we last made coffee on Friday and it is now Monday morning, the water has no way to evaporate. Someone in the office said the coffee doesn't seem as hot as the previous coffeemaker made it, which may be good in that it is not burning the coffee. This still has the program feature which is a nice perk although I can't say I've noticed much of a difference in the brew strength options which was on par with our previous coffeemaker as well so nothing was lost there. I'm glad to have a coffeemaker without a glass carafe that isn't a Kurig with those associated costs which don't make sense in our office environment but I wish they would have left the original design alone.
2 people found this helpful