Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 25, 2017
We bought and renovated a house. I was excited to get a new KitchenAid, since I'd outgrown my small one (entry model, over a decade old, overused, not powerful enough, etc.). When I spotted a KitchenAid Professional at Costco, I was over the moon and immediately bought it. This is, unfortunately, where my sad story begins.

The Professional literally gave me tinnitus for a few hours. The motor was so loud, in a high-pitched sort of way, that I wanted to run out of the kitchen with my hands over my ears. My dog cowered in the corner as I desperately tried to finish mixing what I'd already begun.

After a few hours of reading reviews and doing more research, I decided that not only was there almost certainly something wrong with the machine, but that it would be louder than I wanted due to the high-watt motor anyway. Ok, fine. Back to Costco it goes.

I ordered the Artisan and was thrilled as to how quiet it was, but the paint was completely scratched up. For nearly $300? Nope. Back it went.

Mixer number three arrived...with scratches. Are you kidding me? Am I just having incredibly bad luck? Return, return, return.

But mixer four is what broke the camel's back...the camel being my husband. ("You're not going to order another one of these, are you?!") No scratches this time (miracles do happen, folks!), but the metal band that goes around the top of the motor housing was bent and misaligned. And this point I was desperate and was ready to have "the camel" fix it, but I decided to check the motor first...because would it squeal like a pig when I turned it on? Maybe! Well, it didn't squeal, but the beater DID bang against the inside of the bowl. An easy fix, right? We slid the lock lever to the unlocked position, tilted the motor up, and adjusted the beater housing so the beater wouldn't hit the bowl. Except now the locking lever won't lock anymore. We adjust it a little more. Still nothing. We adjust and adjust and adjust until we're back to where we started, with the beater hitting the bowl (not good), and you know what? The locking lever STILL won't lock.

Straight out of the box: 1. high-pitched ear-splitting noise 2. multiple scratches 3. multiple scratches 4. broken after the simplest of maintenance.

I've been using a KitchenAid for twenty years. I've always been led to believe these are the best of the best. I no longer believe it. Perhaps that was the case in the past, but it no longer holds true. Don't believe the hype. And don't be surprised if you dish out hundreds of dollars for a mixer that arrives damaged, or flat-out broken.

Sorry, KitchenAid, but I'm breaking up with you.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?