Reviewed in the United States on July 16, 2018
I bought the 525 version of these shorts which I think is shorter than the 626s. I’m 5’7” and around 155, I ordered a large. Most of my weight sits in my lower body and I’m a semi muscular build.

I really like these. My legs are pretty muscular but I do have trouble with athletic shorts like this being too tight at the seam and giving me the thigh equivalent of “muffin top”. The seam on the leg is stretchy enough not to give me that issue but also tight enough that the shorts don’t ride up when I walk or fight. I don’t know how they do with running as of yet but I intend to find out some time this week.

I love the length of the 525. It’s short enough that I don’t feel matronly but long enough that my butt isn’t hanging out.

The dark heather grey appear to pass the squat test. My undies aren’t showing through when I bend over and squat as far as I can tell. I do yoga and sometimes lift at the gym so it’s important to me that the pants don’t go see through when I bend over in public. I’m getting a pair in the orange/yellow and burgundy and will update if those colors don’t pass.

The pockets are iffy. I have an iPhone 6 and they aren’t deep enough that I trust that my phone won’t fall out. Smaller items like an ID or small key might be fine but I’ll stick to my sports belt so I know I’m safe.

Update* I bought the burgandy and they’re actually BRIGHT red and a smidge bigger than the same size in the black - not enough that I would exchange them for a smaller size though. The mustard yellow is really yellow (not orange as it appears in photos) and ran a little smaller.
review imagereview image