August 12, 2018
We bought this Roku Streaming Stick+ thinking that all we had to do was plug it in and follow instructions. WELL NO! We have a Samsung Smart tv with numerous HDMI slots. We tried ALL of them and the update on the Stick would not load! We kept getting a 005 Network Error. I chatted online with "Ray". He stated that I would have to pay Technical support $69 to update the Stick+ . He explained that there have been too many errors updating their products so the company decided that the customer cannot update their new devices on their own and will now have to pay someone to do it for you! NOWHERE in the reviews I read did anyone state that I would be paying an additional $69 to use this device! So here I have a brand new device which costs $65 and now Roku wants to hold that item hostage and render it useless unless I fork over $69 for an update AND oh yes...that $69 would give me 6 months of free tech support! Yay!? Not gonna happen. I will NEVER purchase an item from this company again. They are way out of their league charging for technical support for an update to a brand new device.
708 people found this helpful