Reviewed in the United States on November 27, 2018
I bought this robot for the specific purpose of connecting it to Google home because my basic model Roomba doesn't support wifi connection. I got this on sale and for the price it seems to be a great deal but I will leave some advice. Download the Ecovacs Home app instead of the original Ecovacs app. The home version of the app has an updated UI and clearer instructions. At first, I thought I needed to press and hold the reset button to connect it to wifi, but I actually only needed to press it for one second. This detail is important to ensure your robot is ready to connect. Also, if you have a 5Ghz Wifi connection and don't want to use or create a 2.4Ghz connection, this robot isn't for you. Once I got the robot set up, I was quickly able to sync this vacuum and the Ecovacs home app with the Home app for Google assistant. I can now access basic voice commands like turning deebot on and off. In addition to this feature, I was impressed with the amount of information you can get from the Ecovacs home app about the life of your deebot and the individual parts. The scheduling and cleaning modes were an added plus. I would recommend this product to a friend.
9 people found this helpful