December 17, 2016
This was one of the better books I have read in some time. At times it was challenging and even intense, but in a good way that kept me coming back for more. A few times along the way, I found the tension and suspense so high, I actually was forced to put it down and take a break. The other thing that I really enjoyed about this book was the way it blended several important historical events into the fiction. I found myself reading up on the Manhattan Project and also the Holocaust, both of which are part of the story here. All in all, this book is filled with interesting characters, a solid plot that isn't overly predictable and in general, the author has done an excellent job. My only criticism would perhaps be the ending which I found a little drawn out and maybe a bit far fetched and I would also offer a warning that if reading about the horrors of a concentration camp will disturb you, this might not be the best choice. This is smart, interesting and compelling fiction. Quite a ride and highly recommended. Looking forward to reading more from Andrew Gross.
56 people found this helpful