November 21, 2016
Definitely recommand this product. I have a separate heating and cooling system. Gas furnace heating hot water which is sent to a radiator in the attic. A single blower is used for heating and cooling.
Pros:
Conpatibility app is great, It gives anyone the knowledge they need to ensure compatibility and gives you the confidence you need to complete the install on your own.
Very easy install with added instruction manual, included wire labels, and on line videos
On phone tech support was excellent
Iphone (and mac book pro) apps are the best, no more getting up in the middle of the night to lower or raise the thermostat
Kids think it's the coolest

Cons:
Price, it's not cheap
Chat support was not technical enough, in the end they gave me false information. Could have burned out my heating coil if I didn't call tech support
Problem, out of the box the system does not turn on the fan when the heat comes on. Has to be modified by a tech. Luckily, phone support walked me through some advanced settings to turn on this feature. Very easy to do if you know where it is.
Problem, When the heat goes off the blower goes off. Should have a setting that keeps it on for say 5 or 10 minutes.
Inconvenience, after making the change above the fan icon is not displayed on the thermostat, iPhone, Mac apps. Worried about burning out my coil I keep checking just to make sure.
6 people found this helpful