December 5, 2017
I purchased this protective case for my new Fire 8. At the time I placed the order, I had just reported the second accident with to my Kindle. I have only had this particular device since it came out in June. At the time I ordered the Kindle Fire 8, I also ordered the Amazon case for it. However, that case was rarely closed so I could use the Kindle. Because of this, I dropped and shattered the screen twice. The representative I spoke to at Square Trade suggested that I get a child's case for the replacement that was being sent. So I looked at several children's cases, and decided to order.

Pros:
*Keeps the Kindle padded and safe
*The screen will not touch the ground if dropped, due to more height of the padding around the edges.
*If the device is dropped, this case bounces.
*All of the holes in the case line up with the important things like power and volume buttons, charging port, and camera.
*This is made of dense foam and although it's a struggle to get it onto the Kindle, it will not slide out.

Cons:
*It is a struggle get put on and remove the case
*There is no way to cover the screen when you are not using the device. It gets dirty and covered with fingerprints very quickly. It would be nice if a screen cover was included, just one of those clear plastic sheets that adhere to the screen.

Overall, I'm very happy with this product, and I would buy it again.
48 people found this helpful