Reviewed in the United States on January 7, 2014
Trend Micro is a favorite program for me because of its user friendliness and ease of install and ongoing maintenance. There are several aspects to this anti-virus program that support my positive recommendation. The real beauty of this program is that it works well for either experienced or new users. First, if you are already running Trend Micro, the update process is very simple. When the disc is inserted, the program will automatically run, to delete the prior version, next to ask you to reboot, and then to install the current version once you have entered the product key code. The program then proceeds to automatically update itself, and keep updating as necessary, a feature that sometimes does not occur as well in other programs, notably Kaspersky and McAfee, where I have found myself having to do manual updates. It really does not get any simpler than that.

Second, Trend Micro is very user friendly. I did do the simple install process today for my 95-year old “second” mother, who is not particularly experienced with computers, on a system running Windows 7 Home Premium. The red sphere icon that is installed and found in the lower right-hand corner affords the user with five comprehensive action choices by just hovering over the icon with your mouse. Because this program is so automatic and dependable once installed and scheduled for scans, my “mom” should be able to use this easily (with no frantic calls to me whatsoever), and of course, no viruses or other malware.

Not only is the program exceptional, but it is cost friendly, especially for those who only have one computer. Amazon recently sold the one license I purchased at $24.20, which was very reasonable.
6 people found this helpful