Reviewed in the United States on September 3, 2017
Several years ago, I'd purchased a Bostitch sharpener for $25 at a local office supply store. It was seldom used so I expected it to last for many years. Then, I started sharpening pencils for my Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes. And it just wasn't up to the task at all. I eventually managed to slowly sharpen over 125 pencils over several days before that sharpener would barely function at all.

That's when I ordered the X-ACTO for just about the same price. It has effortlessly sharpened about 250 more pencils, and I'd say it took maybe 4 seconds/pencil. It's a great pencil sharpener, and it's much larger than my old one. It has suction cups on the bottom that keep it from moving as you sharpen.

The only downside is that it shreds part of the coating on decorative pencils. Fortunately, my Bostitch could still shave off the shreds, even though it can no longer sharpen a new pencil. The X-ACTO did fine on the regular, yellow pencils. Check out the pix to see how it handled the regular pencil, how it handled decorative pencils, and how the decorative pencils looked after trimming with the old sharpener.
review imagereview imagereview image