Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Our favorite denim: shop women's jeans nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc AWOLNATION Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 7, 2006
I first purchased the 8 gallon plastic model and it was amazing in every way.Never again would I have trouble wiping off a dinner plate or drippy leftovers having to somehow manipulate the poorly designed (but good effort) lids on every trash can ever made. No foot pedal to jerk around with,no more ugly bag hanging over,just move over the perfectly measured and designed lid and voila,the best part of the meal is here! Yes,that's how beautiful this invention is and works.
So I decided to pass this model on to my mom and go for the 13 gallon stainless steel model.While the lid is slightly smaller than the plastic model,on account of the sleek "wall hugger space saver"design,which required a little better aim til I got used to it,I was even more pleased with the beauty of the unit and overall I was happy with my decision.But don't get me wrong, the 8 gallon plastic model works just as well and is a sharp little trashcan,as far as trash cans go.

Both trashcans are lightning fast.As fast as you can put your hand in front of the lid,bang,it pops right up.It stays up til you're done,move away and boom,it pops down.It's quiet enough.Nice little whirling sound.It has an on/off button on the back,in case kids wanna play around with it,or around it. Worse comes to worse you can take out the 6 "D"batteries that should last for years if the kiddies figure out the on/off button.But that's unlikely.

It has a "stay open" button as well,for those busy occassions. AND, they both stay as clean as you choose to keep them because it's so easy to "hit the mark" every time! It has a "ring",which tightly and neatly holds down any type of bag and hides the overlap very cleverly so it doesn't get soiled. Just a wipe on the top now and then for dust. The design allows you to make the most of each and every garbage bag. No more half full ,wasted bags.Every inch of the bag is used and when it's ready to go there's just the right amount of overhang to close it up. AMAZING!
EVERY household should have one of these.It is truly a thing of the future, here TODAY!

UPDATE 4/2014; Bought the 11 gal. 1 which is an improved-quieter & smoother operator, for my Sports room. The 11 & 13 Gal. are almost exactly the same & use the same bags. The "Ring" on the 11 gallon fits PERFECTLY on the 1st model I reviewed, yet the manufacturer claimed they no longer make the ring for the earlier 13 gal. model. Guess they don't want people buying the 11 gallon, taking the ring, & returning it, claiming it came without the ring. ;)

My 1st model still going strong! Do exactly as directed & you'll have the best Trash pail ever! Peace out :)
356 people found this helpful