Reviewed in the United States on October 13, 2016
Can We Live a Happier Life?! By Dr. Zeev Gilkis is a very interesting book. The beginning is slow, kind of dry, little boring. But as I kept reading I found the book more interesting as I progressed in the pages. I did like the information about the brain, it isn’t something that I have really read about and it was interesting. I think the best part of this book was Dr Gilkis stories, they were very interesting to read. I loved the quotes and also the summary at the end of each chapter. Each chapter was fairly easy to read and understand though I think I will need to go back and read again in about a month. There is a lot of information and ideas to help each happiness but not proven. I eating, fasting, meditating and exercise can help. I loved the illustrations and the personal pictures. Both of those items help make the book more human. I am not sure if Dr Gilkis answered the question “Can We live a Happier Life?” I know each person’s life and story is different and different experiences and I believe DNA makes for some of a person’s happiness. I also agree with having a good family background, but then again some people can have the worse family and still be happy. I think there is a lot more to do with the brain and environment and maybe there is more to it. I did find the book interesting and am glad I was able to read it. Gave me some ideas to help and try to have a happier life.
4 people found this helpful