Reviewed in the United States on April 14, 2021
They say, when you reach a certain age that you become better at calling people out on their sh%# AND you don't give a damn about what the World thinks about you anymore. It can be liberating, fun and just a bit...naughty and subversive.

Well, reading this book was NOTHING LIKE THE ABOVE SENTIMENT. I was insulted, disappointed, BORED and upset at how this person wrote this book. I found the opinions and concerns she presented to be IMMATURE. And NOT FUNNY. There was NO WISDOM, NO common sense and lacked any tone of authority or experience.

It was like being trapped in a BAD Sex and The City episode that is supposed to be ALL ABOUT SAMANTHA but instead you get Whiny, Clueless, Charlotte BEFORE she converts to Judaism. YUCK.

I used to read Erma Bombeck as a kid and watched I Love Lucy shows- THOSE classics of Pop Cultre DO 100% BETTER encouraging older women to Live Bold Outrageous Fun Interesting Lives- Society's Expectations Be Damned!

I also felt some Generation Gap (and socio-economic racial gap) issues. The writing came across as vapid to me. For the 1st time in my Life, I actually said out loud, "OKAY BOOMER". The person who put this book together, the voice came across just so superficial......I wanted more, expected more. 😣😀😠

You itching for a FABULOUS OLDER WOMAN DROPPING SOME FUNNY WISDOM FOR ALL WOMEN? Go on Netflix and WATCH LESLIE JONES' STAND-UP SPECIAL "Time Machine" where she recounts her Life from Glorious 20s Club Vixen to Fabulous 50s Diva who wears a knee brace and needs poop breaks after sex. πŸ˜‚πŸ™„πŸ˜ŽπŸ€—
4 people found this helpful